The Student Room Group

Discussion - Implications of research

I'm in the middle of doing the discussion part of my coursework. I've started off by saying which hypothesis i accept and which one was rejected. In the notes i have it mentions implications of research, what exactly do i need to put in this part? Do i just say that by looking at my results they imply that attractive people are seen as having positive personality traits? (i did my coursework on the halo effect where participants had to look at faces and rate them on attractiveness and percieved personality traits) I asked my teacher about it this morning and she didnt mention this part of the discussion but its in the book i have saying it should be put in if high marks are wanted. Any help would be grateful :smile:

xxx
Reply 1
Implications refer to possible FLAWS in your study. Not what the results IMPLY. They are two different things. For instance a implication may be generalisability to everyday life - our decisions in the real world (where theres a lot more stimuli going on) may differ than being in a lab where everything is controlled. Hope that makes sense :smile: x
Reply 2
Ohhh i understand now i think, so in this section i'd say about like opportunity sampling and how that it isn't really the best option and say that random sampling would've been better because it would have given a better result? Bleh i hateeeeee coursework :frown: Thanks for the help :smile: xxx<3
Reply 3
exactly, anything which could affect the results if you did it again. For instance as you mentioned - sampling. Would the results be the same if you used a different section of the population. ect. x

Latest

Trending

Trending