The Student Room Group

So your first term is over?

I have a few questions that are really just for my own interest really and also might interest other people so here goes.

1/ Where do you go?

2/ What do you study?

3/ Do you commute or live out?

4/ Would you change to live ing out if you commute or to commuting if you live out

5/ What do you like about the place and the uni?

6/ What don't you like?

7/ Would you change anything and why?
n/a
nothing

6/ What don't you like?
pretty much everything

change my flat room. black flatmates keep stealing my food no matter what. i become racist because of that.
nothing

6/ What don't you like?
pretty much everything

Not going to University
1/ Where do you go?

I don't go as I don't wish to be in debt to end up in McDonalds because pretty much everyone goes now and gets a degree. Maybe it might of been worth it 10 years ago when they actually meant something.

2/ What do you study?

I run my own business, not study about bunsen-burners all day.

Will be commuting in the new year to work as I will be joining an office, without being in debt!!!

4/ Would you change to live ing out if you commute or to commuting if you live out

You got yourself into 10k+ debt and still cant spell (*living*).

I have a job rather than drink alcohol all day.

6/ What don't you like?

Pretty much what I said in every single question, getting in debt for no benefit whatsoever

no7/ Would you change anything and why?

I am very glad I never went after talking to my friends who did go!! End of story.
Original post by ben.anderson
1/ Where do you go?

You got yourself into 10k+ debt and still cant spell (*living*).

I can spell living it's called hitting space and not noticing or a typo.
Reply 6
Original post by jonathanemptage
I can spell living it's called hitting space and not noticing or a typo.

But your use of punctuation is poor at best...
Original post by John55
But your use of punctuation is poor at best...

I don't dispute that but I'm working on it at least I'm not doing English.
Original post by beruangmacan
nothing

6/ What don't you like?
pretty much everything

change my flat room. black flatmates keep stealing my food no matter what. i become racist because of that.

That last bit funny hehe. Move out?
1/ Where do you go?
Uni of Leeds

2/ What do you study?
Media Communications

Live out

Nah, I like being in halls.... and being an international student, I can't really commute.

Leeds is a pretty cool city, tons to do, nice people. The uni is great as well, love my course and there are always a ton of events. Plus they help a lot in the job department, which is great.

6/ What don't you like?
The weather. Where is the sun!??! Also dirty flatmates, pisses me off. Can't wait to move into private accom, lol, with cleaner people.

Not really. I try to focus on the future, rather than the past anyway.

xx
1/ Where do you go?
University of Manchester

2/ What do you study?
Microbiology

Live out, even though I'm fairly local.

4/ Would you change to living out if you commute or to commuting if you live out
Haha nope. I travelled over an hour each way for college, I know I wouldn't be in the mood to do work if I did it for uni. Saying that I have a few friends who do travel daily though.

I like that the uni is close enough to the city centre to pop in, but it's actually fairly detached and feels like its own community. The staff are really supportive and enthusiastic, we've got a great Students Union, and the library and learning commons are great environments to go and do a few hours work if you can't concentrate in your room. And I just love the vibe, I feel like I belong here.

6/ What don't you like?
Some of the online assessments are a little poorly designed, but they're only about 1% of the module's grade each so I can live with it, especially since we get 2 shots at most stuff.

I'd have lived in different halls. Denmark Road is nice (and new), but for the pricetag it's not actually any better than some of the other accommodations aside from aesthetic. I thought it was owned by Sanctuary Students but run by UoM, since I booked through the UoM accommodation website, but apparently not - and I'm not always happy with the service I'm getting. But that's halls - I can't think of anything wrong with the uni itself.
Original post by jonathanemptage
I have a few questions that are really just for my own interest really and also might interest other people so here goes.

1/ Where do you go?

2/ What do you study?

6/ What don't you like?

1. University of Glasgow
2. Law
3. Commute from home
4. I like living at home
5. Best uni in Scotland for my course
6. NOTHING !
7. Again nothing
Original post by BookBird
1/ Where do you go?
Uni of Leeds

2/ What do you study?
Media Communications

Live out

Nah, I like being in halls.... and being an international student, I can't really commute.

Leeds is a pretty cool city, tons to do, nice people. The uni is great as well, love my course and there are always a ton of events. Plus they help a lot in the job department, which is great.

6/ What don't you like?
The weather. Where is the sun!??! Also dirty flatmates, pisses me off. Can't wait to move into private accom, lol, with cleaner people.

Not really. I try to focus on the future, rather than the past anyway.

xx

Hey! So I saw you're studying at Leeds Uni like me, and was wondering what you were planning for your 2nd year accommodation? I feel like I haven't made a lot of friends as I'm super socially awkward (oops)

How have you been enjoying your course?
Original post by heatherjane
Hey! So I saw you're studying at Leeds Uni like me, and was wondering what you were planning for your 2nd year accommodation? I feel like I haven't made a lot of friends as I'm super socially awkward (oops)

How have you been enjoying your course?

Hey! I have no idea, haha. All the friends I've made are exchange students, so I'm in a bit of a rut right now loll. I've loved my course! I'm excited for 2nd term, what are you studying? c:
Hey! I have no idea, haha. All the friends I've made are exchange students, so I'm in a bit of a rut right now loll. I've loved my course! I'm excited for 2nd term, what are you studying? c:

Same here :tongue: We have to start looking in like, january and i'm gonna be stressing so much about it, ugh.

That's cool, me too! I'm studying English and Film and it's a lot of work but I really enjoyed the first semester (despite having exams to revise and essays to write during christmas, lol)
Same here :tongue: We have to start looking in like, january and i'm gonna be stressing so much about it, ugh.

That's cool, me too! I'm studying English and Film and it's a lot of work but I really enjoyed the first semester (despite having exams to revise and essays to write during christmas, lol)

Ohh, we have an essay and a report due early Jan :P But no exams! Where are you staying now, and do you like it? x
Ohh, we have an essay and a report due early Jan :P But no exams! Where are you staying now, and do you like it? x

I'm at Henry Price for the 1st year and it's a great social environment but it was mental during Fresher's Week and i'm more of a quiet person so that kinda overwhelmed me :P My flatmates are all friendly, I just feel like I'm the awkward one xD Where are you?
I'm at Henry Price for the 1st year and it's a great social environment but it was mental during Fresher's Week and i'm more of a quiet person so that kinda overwhelmed me :P My flatmates are all friendly, I just feel like I'm the awkward one xD Where are you?

I'm at Central Village, and it's the same sort of feel. Although it's kinda hard to get to know people outside of your flat, since each flat has it's own section. My flatmates are also friendly, but I'm in the same boat as you.. I'm not too much of a party person, so we're not all that close cx
1/ Where do you go? Uni of Southampton

2/ What do you study? Aerospace engineering

3/ Do you commute or live out? Campus accommodation

4/ Would you change to live ing out if you commute or to commuting if you live out? Hell no

5/ What do you like about the place and the uni? Resources, course is fun-ish, nights out are good but environment is just as good when you want to do serious work

6/ What don't you like? Course is hard af

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bigboateng_
1/ Where do you go? Uni of Southampton

2/ What do you study? Aerospace engineering

3/ Do you commute or live out? Campus accommodation

4/ Would you change to live ing out if you commute or to commuting if you live out? Hell no

5/ What do you like about the place and the uni? Resources, course is fun-ish, nights out are good but environment is just as good when you want to do serious work

6/ What don't you like? Course is hard af

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was at uni in Southampton too I love the place. RIP Kaos

Quick Reply