teresaoneill_x
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
can anyone help with a few points please..

how can Marx theory be argued relevant today?
You Love Me
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Flux in ecological and economic pondries allows for a derogatory life
jambojim97
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Something like 90% of the world's wealth is possessed by 1% of the population, meaning that it can be used to control people.

This benefits the few and not the many.
BobbyFlay
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I personally think Marxism is impossible to apply today, but Marx did make some good points regarding wealth and primitive accumulation.
teresaoneill_x
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks everyone

Anything on exploitation and its implications in capitalism..
Soc/PsyTutor
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Just compare the pitiful salaries of millions of workers world wide to the profits made by multi-national corporations.
Flibib
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
In Grundrisse Marx argued that through capitalism we would see 'the annihilation of space through time' as a result of the nature of capitalism; i.e. constantly evolving in the name of increased efficiency. Arguably, this has been proved correct - the advent of the jet age, the internet, developments in telecommunications as a whole and in an abstract sense the proliferation of supranational entities beyond the state that all adhere to a capitalist dominated ideology.

The exportation of labour worldwide strongly correlates with Marx's overarching ideas, too. Once workers in the UK unionised and demanded higher wages, surplus value declined and the slow process of moving labour intensive processes to countries where the the proletariat were less 'class concious' began.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (117)
34.11%
Yes - a trusted person (93)
27.11%
No (91)
26.53%
I'm not sure (42)
12.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed