Colonising other planets

Watch
EdwardBarfield9
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have thought long and hard about this.

If we ever colonise another planet then I think all religion should be banned. So much conflict seems to stem from religion. And we wouldn't be able to allow some religions but not others on so no religions is a better choice imo.
What are your opinions and thoughts on how to create a more peaceful new planet?

FYI I despise what we have done to this planet and hope we never colonise another.
Mayhem™
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Residents of that planet should be given free will, it is not up to us to decide how they live.
Lookingforlight
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope Kazakhstan colonizes Mars for the bants.
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
I think it would be much better to ensure that any government on that planet remains secular. It would be quite difficult to ban religion outright (e.g. what if somebody who was an atheist on Earth converts when he reaches there and starts his own church?) and would impinge on people's religious freedom.

Although I think I would be in favour of banning certain practices often practised by religious people that have too much of a vote-killing effect in even progressive countries, such as genital mutilation and refusing to vaccinate children.
MrKmas508
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I tight the religion of the country that colonised it should be allowed to have dominance. The official religion of Mars shall be Chinese folk religions.
Zargabaath
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I doubt you could without having an extremely authoritarian leadership/dictatorship. A new society needs direction that cant be supplied by a democracy. This would have to involve banning any ideologies that would conflict with the dominant ideology.
username2281303
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by

[b
)

FYI I despise what we have done to this planet and hope we never colonise another[/b].
Despise humanity.

This planet's done nothing wrong.
PharaohFromSpace
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Awww I actually thought this was a thread about astronomy and the atmosphere of Venus or the gravitational force of mars......

But nope its another religious debate.......
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
Awww I actually thought this was a thread about astronomy and the atmosphere of Venus or the gravitational force of mars......

Same and I'm doing an EPQ on colonisation.
PharaohFromSpace
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vikingninja)
Same and I'm doing an EPQ on colonisation.
Thats so ****ing cool. I wish I was doing an EPQ but have to make up for AS so no time
But good luck though!!!!
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thats so ****ing cool. I wish I was doing an EPQ but have to make up for AS so no time
But good luck though!!!!
Thanks and yeah spent so much time doing it during the second half of my summer holidays in collecting research.
EdwardBarfield9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

I love astronomy and such stuff. I'd have made this post about astronomy if I didn't have religious stuff on my mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed