The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Not sure how you can WUM when we're still behind them in the table.. Give it a week and we might be ahead of them?
Well we have only won 1 of our last 10 games against Chelsea and always lose to Swansea so if Van Gaal stays you'll have a nice little cushion over us this time next week.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _Morsey_)
I think he'll be given Chelsea mainly due to there being only 1 day between each game (which is madness). However with the game being at Old Trafford, there is going to be a very sour atmosphere around the place.
Im heading to the game and i really hope we all get behind the team before and during the match. If we lose and lose with a pathetic display then we should vent those frustrations at full time. I really hope we sack van Gaal tonight and let Giggs take the game against Chelsea. I just want van Gaal out :/ im struggling to support him and hes a nice guy but he shouldnt be managing us, he's outstayed his welcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Wouldn't really call it wumming tbh - it's more friendly competition the way I see it.
I didn't once mention anything negative in relation to their team, I merely said that we caught up to them for once.

They have Chelsea up next which could go either way.
We have Sunderland and considering our current trend, it's obvious we're going to lose.

Dirtybit thoughts?
Liverpool will win. Don't give a crap about United atm
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you Arsenal for providing me with some happiness on this abject day
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Van Gaal be like...
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Say what you want about us this season. But we haven't conceded 4 goals against a midtable team.
Seems like Arsenal don't want to win the league. These are the types of games you must win to achieve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Liverpool will win. Don't give a crap about United atm
Lol Dirty pls
Sunderland took their hiding from City today - they'll bounce back and rek us just like Newcastle did.

Would be sweet to be ahead of you coming in to 2016. Might even get Hayles to convert

If you're feeling down, we can always do a rare evening of pro clubs <3
#missu
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
Say what you want about us this season. But we haven't conceded 4 goals against a midtable team.
Seems like Arsenal don't want to win the league. These are the types of games you must win to achieve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We also have not smashed teams the way Arsenal have against mid table sides. Have we even scored more than 4 goals in a single game this season?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)
Lol Dirty pls
Sunderland took their hiding from City today - they'll bounce back and rek us just like Newcastle did.

Would be sweet to be ahead of you coming in to 2016. Might even get Hayles to convert

If you're feeling down, we can always do a rare evening of pro clubs <3
#missu
I can't even play man left my ps4 at Uni while I'm at home for the holidays
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your PS4's at uni? How do you even study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fairs
Don't want you to miss any revision becayse of FIFA, although it is a nice laugh and sometimes you don't want to be revising 24/7.

Regardless, hope your exams go well mate - when do they finish?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Pogba in a picture with Januzaj. Pogba back to United confirmed.

Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by qasidb)
Your PS4's at uni? How do you even study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good question. I don't :cool:

(Original post by Lúcio)
Fairs
Don't want you to miss any revision becayse of FIFA, although it is a nice laugh and sometimes you don't want to be revising 24/7.

Regardless, hope your exams go well mate - when do they finish?
I do other things of course just didn't want to bring my ps4 because it can be very addictive. Cheers man, finishing on the 14th of Jan though...
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This cannot continue. Just get it over with, Woodward.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Arsenal's 4-0 thumping eases the disappointment, as always. It only highlights LVG's poor management of the season in that we should be in a better position.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good question. I don't :cool:

I do other things of course just didn't want to bring my ps4 because it can be very addictive. Cheers man, finishing on the 14th of Jan though...
what you studying?
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly I can't understand the push for Ryan Giggs to be manager, other than through sentiment.

The Manchester United job is too big a job to gamble on someone unproven going for their first job in management. I'm sure all the United fans had a good chuckle when Newcastle fans demanded Shearer be given the job and will also have a laugh when scousers start demanding Gerrard.

Really Giggs should go away and prove himself elsewhere but I suspect what he is worried about is that the world outside Old Trafford is tough and he will probably be written out of having a chance of being a future United manager if he does, like Bruce, Hughes and Keane were.

As for those three I wouldn't go for Keane as I think he's too volatile and didn't cover himself in glory in management. Bruce has been up and down but he's done OK generally. I think Hughes is a good manager though and I think he was unlucky with hindsight at Man City where they were improving but he had a run of draws and then he got booted. Hughes made a botch up of the QPR job but at Wales, Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke he has done pretty well and he hasn't needed to be a big ego manager he's just got the best out of his players. Hughes would have respect if he walked back in to Old Trafford and I think he'd be worth a shot.

I'd go for Guardiola or Mourinho or Diego Simeone before Hughes....but I struggle to see why Giggs would be preferable to Hughes. If he hadn't been a great player then his record as he assistant manager to the LVG regime who has never managed at the top level before does not suggest readiness for the top job IMO.

Yes Giggs was a great player but if its about a great player what about Gullit? Laudrup? Dalglish? Keegan?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by trapking)
what you studying?
Thread Derailing BSc
Spoiler:
Show
You think I'm lying don't you?
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LOL https://twitter.com/AvijayMUFC/statu...13878003896320
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thread Derailing BSc
Spoiler:
Show
You think I'm lying don't you?
Spoiler:
Show
nah was genuine but it's ok i know what you study....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (406)
43.7%
No (97)
10.44%
I'm not old enough (426)
45.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed