The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aky786UK
Smalling's error for the first goal was more of a surprise than the second, which he does a few times tbh with physical strikers. He likes to be aggressive against attackers so hence pushed forward to see off the threat of Wijnaldum but Fellaini had a lovely assist there as well. Hopefully it's not the start of poor form for Smalling, oh sorry, meant to say 'Pele' as LVG names him now.

I think it's quite good that we have this high expectations from smalling. It's not the first time where i felt smalling was at fault for the goal in recent games. I thought blind was one of our better players yesterday despite the 3 goals conceded. We really missed Carrick and Schweinstienger yesterday. Someone to hold the ball and calm the team down.
Roma have sacked Rudi Garcia today leaving the club 5th in Serie A so thats:

Rafa Benetiz free
Rudi Garcia
Pep
Mourinho
Pochettino (altho he's very unlikely to leave tottenham)

Woodward got some options doe!
(edited 8 years ago)
Vidic has become a free agent, slot him in next to Smalling until the end of the season???
Original post by KingKoala
Vidic has become a free agent, slot him in next to Smalling until the end of the season???

nah we are better of getting a fairly young good centreback!
@trapking
vidic on a one year contract to bring some depth to our backline atm since theres no wc cbs available now
never get back with an ex
Original post by trapking
nah we are better of getting a fairly young good centreback!

Yeah but just until the end of the season and then buy big in the summer. It would be good to have him back around the place anyway I reckon
Original post by jam277
Na Carrick was their best player in the latter half of last season.

Fellaini was good in 12/13 but he had a lot of limitations in his game, he suited a team like Everton more than United basically.

He was still very good at the end of last season which was the point. I'm not disagreeing that he suits a team like Everton better than Man Utd, but it's a silly people saying he's always been terrible when he has been very good at times.
Original post by difeo
never get back with an ex

Just bring in the upgraded model aka Caulker.
Original post by Diego Costa
He was still very good at the end of last season which was the point. I'm not disagreeing that he suits a team like Everton better than Man Utd, but it's a silly people saying he's always been terrible when he has been very good at times.

He's never been a very good player at United.

He was a nuisance for teams for like 3 games when we decided to base our entire attack around him. Then teams starting man-marking him and we were back to square one.

He's an impact player, nothing else.

LVG on the touchline...change in philosophy?
Dragovic being linked to us again.
Chelsea are only 8 points behind us now. They'll finish above us
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35305104

this is so funny from Van Gaal :lol:
Original post by sr90
Chelsea are only 8 points behind us now.

No they are not
Oh **** Leicester beating tottenham wow
YES LIVERPOOOOL EQUALISED :rofl:
Joe Allen gonna tear you apart next game.
What a **** league, how are we 2 points off top 4
We're going to win the league.

All that's left to do is Adnan to fulfill the prophecy and it's all gravy from there.

Latest