The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
If De Gea was in Quad Studios in 1994 nobody catching lead

De Gea would have blocked them bullets for Pac. A man who spoke with passion.

Aint nothing getting past him.
Original post by Rk2k14
I'm saying this dross because he's carried us for 2 seasons when no one else has stepped up. Tell me today who played as a United player apart from DDG? No passion or nothing. Its as if they play **** on purpose knowing De Gea will step up to the plate.
Goalkeeper winning POTY back to back says it all pal.

Also, its not inside knowledge when you apply a bit of common sense to a situation. Use that empirical knowledge fam.

Then you should be saying that we should replace x,y,z players who do not step up. Unless you think they are United quality.

Using common sense to take an educated guess does not mean that it is a fact.
BT Sport analysis with Scholes, Rio and Mcmanaman was amazing :biggrin:

Anybody catch Scholesy's shots at Arsenal? :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
The problem you have is that your next 3 games are the biggest of your season and you look utterly dumbfounded and unprepared and it's bloody ridiculous for a club of your stature.

Even if you win all of those games, how can anybody say this is the man for you in the long term?

RIGHT NOW there are STILL people who want him to stay the final year. I don't understand. I genuinely can't fathom why. He's just a woeful manager. Such a senile ****. He once had phil ****ing jones taking corners ffs.
Original post by Dirtybit
Then you should be saying that we should replace x,y,z players who do not step up. Unless you think they are United quality.

Using common sense to take an educated guess does not mean that it is a fact.

We could have replaced them but Van Gaal=tactical genius.
We'll replace the ones that are gone come the end of the season e.g. De Gea.

Theres no reason he has to stay. Don't know why you thinks its inconceivable De Gea will leave to make movements in his career.
Original post by Lúcio
BT Sport analysis with Scholes, Rio and Mcmanaman was amazing :biggrin:

Anybody catch Scholesy's shots at Arsenal? :wink:

Yeah was enjoying that little roasting session. They are right man.

Knew the Arsenal shots were gunna come too
Man if only some of the players had half the passion Scholes STILL has.

@Dirtybit
Shots fired and sending for man are applicable in this situation. Can you confirm?
Yeah was enjoying that little roasting session. They are right man.

Knew the Arsenal shots were gunna come too

Spot on punditry to be honest.
It would be classic United to go against all odds and win this 3-0 though.

Yeah shots against Arsenal are always welcome on any thread :biggrin:
Suarez left Liverpool despite signing a new contract that was even after finishing 2nd, can see DDG leaving especially if you don't make top 4 but Madrids ban may give you some hope.
Original post by swirly
If De Gea was in Quad Studios in 1994 nobody catching lead

**** the Quad Studios and **** the ****ing Diaz brothers
Original post by Kenan and Kel
**** the Quad Studios and **** the ****ing Diaz brothers

Thoughts on what happened at the Hit Factory Studios in 2000?
Its only half time guys! We score in the first half and its game on and they'll be under pressure :biggrin:

They had a amazing game today yet only scored due to a penalty and a Carrick mistake which shows how clinical they are...

Obviously we really need to play well but its not befitting of Manchester United to give up against Liverpool :tongue:

As for DDG leaving, honestly if he does leave I'll be gutted, someone needs to show him how Ronaldo's move turned out for him - despite scoring a crazy amount of goals he is still booed by his own fans and has won very little. Him being a ex Athletico Madrid player will also cause the Madrid fans to turn on him at their earliest convenience. If I was Ed, due to how Madrid treated us last summer, If it were certain DDG wanted to leave I would offer Barcelona De Gea for Ter Stegan + 45m just to piss Madrid off :tongue:

Maybe Jose could convince DDG to stay :colondollar:
Original post by Rk2k14
Man if only some of the players had half the passion Scholes STILL has.

@Dirtybit
Shots fired and sending for man are applicable in this situation. Can you confirm?

100%.

The thing he said about the players repetitively jumping on social media after a loss and saying "sorry bla bla bla" is so true. They need to stfu and do the talking on the pitch.

Original post by Lúcio
Spot on punditry to be honest.
It would be classic United to go against all odds and win this 3-0 though.

Yeah shots against Arsenal are always welcome on any thread :biggrin:

It would be more of you guys bottling hardcore than us being good though!
Reply 6173
LVG praised the Liverpool fans for creating atmosphere, he will hope ManU fans will do likewise.
... but it will be like getting people to sing Christmas carols in March
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Its only half time guys! We score in the first half and its game on and they'll be under pressure :biggrin:

They had a amazing game today yet only scored due to a penalty and a Carrick mistake which shows how clinical they are...

Obviously we really need to play well but its not befitting of Manchester United to give up against Liverpool :tongue:

As for DDG leaving, honestly if he does leave I'll be gutted, someone needs to show him how Ronaldo's move turned out for him - despite scoring a crazy amount of goals he is still booed by his own fans and has won very little. Him being a ex Athletico Madrid player will also cause the Madrid fans to turn on him at their earliest convenience. If I was Ed, due to how Madrid treated us last summer, If it were certain DDG wanted to leave I would offer Barcelona De Gea for Ter Stegan + 45m just to piss Madrid off :tongue:

Maybe Jose could convince DDG to stay :colondollar:

What if we score though? :smile:

Bitch pls, DDG kept you in that game. We should've scored more but it's hard when every shot has to be perfect to beat that man. Don't act like we didn't dominate you from start to finish...

Not even sure it's worth commenting on the Ronaldo bit. Never seen so much rubbish in my life and I'm on the bloody United thread.
It would be more of you guys bottling hardcore than us being good though!

True but you'd still need to score the goals.
You need at least 2 goals without reply next week. Not impossible but the way you've been going lately, it would be a miracle performance.

That being said, all or nothing European tie at Old Trafford vs Liverpool? If a miracle were to happen, it'd be right here...
For what was billed as a big game, United were incredibly pitiful with their effort and performance. De Gea, as usual held Liverpool at bay (and that Coutinho save - IDK how he got back as he seemed to be scrambling across) but we got what was deserved. I can only forsee Liverpool soaking up the pressure early at OT, hitting on the counter and game over. What was frustrating to see was LVG shoving Rashford out wide-Martial centre - why not start the former in his preferred position and see how he would got on? Carrick, like Giggs in his end days as a player, can't handle high intensity games and he was rattled big time tonight; Varela acquitted himself good tbf - but probably be dropped of course.

As usual with the LVG story, it's the same old cycle. Now we're saying the next three games are massive, but he'll probably draw WHU, lose narrowly to Liverpool, beat City then Woodward will be delighted - he won't have to sack him!
Original post by Lúcio
What if we score though? :smile:

Bitch pls, DDG kept you in that game. We should've scored more but it's hard when every shot has to be perfect to beat that man. Don't act like we didn't dominate you from start to finish...

Not even sure it's worth commenting on the Ronaldo bit. Never seen so much rubbish in my life and I'm on the bloody United thread.

If you score then we'll score more.....

I'm not denying that DDG did keep us in that game - but it just goes to show how you "dominated" us when all you can show for it is a lucky pen which and a mistake by a makeshift defender in Carrick...a lot of the saves were down to poor finishing which goes back to my initial point that you guys aren't clinical.

What's wrong with the Ronaldo bit? He's won 1 UCL, 1 La Liga Title, 1 Copa Del Rey despite all his goals and he plays in front of the most ungrateful fans who boo him if he has a poor game. Had he stayed he would have won more trophies and have more greatfull fans also we wouldn't be trying to get rid of him now that he has peaked like real are trying to do atm....DDG would get slaughtered if he made a mistake for Real by the fans, there no point in denying it...
Thoughts on the chants by a large (clearly audible) chunk of fans yesterday?
Original post by leinad2012
Thoughts on the chants by a large (clearly audible) chunk of fans yesterday?

Completely let themselves down. Our away fans are usually great but I guess emotions got the better of them. The worse thing was it wasn't a minority of them singing it, it was really loud. 'Sun was right' and 'always the victim' could be heard quite clearly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest