The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
I wouldn't but knowing Emenalo he'd probably do that ffs.

Lol at Pato possibly staying at Chelsea past the summer.
Man you play some joke tactics he'll probably get exposed anyway with your ******** football anyway(heck Maldini and Nesta probably would too). Saying that he's way better than Blind, who I don't know why the **** he plays at CB?
That video always gets me.
£20mill plus Courtois for De Gea would be a ridiculously good deal for Chelsea though, you're calling him highly competent.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
£20mill plus Courtois for De Gea would be a ridiculously good deal for Chelsea though, you're calling him highly competent.
When Real were going to buy him for £25M last summer. Yeah a new contract has been signed but Courtois value is easily £25M. I'm not paying £45M for a goalkeeper. De Gea is a very good goalkeeper but it's not worth spending an extra 20M as well as losing a top quality keeper on. Thinking otherwise is vastly overrating De Gea's ability.

He's had a bad season as he's been injured for 3 months and has been playing in a frankly terrible Chelsea defence. The people in front of him(CBs and DMs) have been nothing short of shocking, even worse than United in that sense because at least you get away with it by passing around the defence all game.
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If we don't get top 4, do you think an announcement will be made about LVG after or before the FA Cup final?

(Assuming him missing top 4 gets him fired, which it surely has to as it got Moyes fired)

When Real were going to buy him for £25M last summer. Yeah a new contract has been signed but Courtois value is easily £25M. I'm not paying £45M for a goalkeeper. De Gea is a very good goalkeeper but it's not worth spending an extra 20M as well as losing a top quality keeper on. Thinking otherwise is vastly overrating De Gea's ability.

He's had a bad season as he's been injured for 3 months and has been playing in a frankly terrible Chelsea defence. The people in front of him(CBs and DMs) have been nothing short of shocking, even worse than United in that sense because at least you get away with it by passing around the defence all game.
In my opinion your defence is awful. I'd say the only defenders fit to play for your team are Zouma and Azpi. The rest are ok defenders, but not Chelsea quality (assuming you're a team that wants to be challenging for the Champions League).

Matic is a good player, just had a bad season.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
If we don't get top 4, do you think an announcement will be made about LVG after or before the FA Cup final?
After the FA Cup final. Don't think winning it will change the outcome.
Math12345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Team next season:

De Gea
Darmian Smalling ... Shaw
Schneiderlin ...
... Rooney ...

Hopefully we can get Varane or Laporte.
Carrick and Schweinsteiger are too old to play every game. We need a box to box midfielder, someone like pogba.
United need wingers if they want to play attacking football. Depay might take one position but what about the other side?
We need a st. As good as martial and rashford have been , united cannot keep relying on them. We need someone like lewandowski.

If I was manager I would sell Mata, Rojo and Valdes.
Not sure on Rooney. If the chinese league offer him good money I hope he leaves. He slows the game down too much. Yesterday he was just trying to switch the play and ended up passing west ham players or the ball went out for a throw in.

Any suggestions for CB, CDM, Wingers and ST? I would play 4-3-3 but I left the above as 4-2-3-1 because it is what we play now.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
After the FA Cup final. Don't think winning it will change the outcome.
Either do I, but I'm just curious if they'll maybe make an announcement that he will be leaving after final before the actual final itself.

I don't see it.

I'm so glad the season is nearly over, can't wait to watch the Euros as a neutral (apart from England games ofc)
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Math12345)
Team next season:

De Gea
Darmian Smalling ... Shaw
Schneiderlin ...
... Rooney ...
Get out
Math12345
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Get out
Schneiderlin has hardly played consecutive games. Van Gaal started him yesterday and expected him to be Kante. Herera did nothing defensively. Rooney was just having a fag in midfield. That left schneiderlin exposed.

I want Rooney gone too, but it won't happen. He's club captain so doubt the club will sell and he's earning 300k per week so I don't think he wants to leave either.

Varane Laporte Kante Lewandowski/Muller.
I would try get Gotze and Reus too.
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

£29mill plus Navas. A great keeper but £25mill is based purely on his age because of his poor season. I wouldn't pay more than that for him.

He is the best keeper in the world right now, considering his age I would consider that a fair price. In 2/3 years if Courtois returns to his best then I'd put him in the same bracket.

Really just makes Real look even more silly now, although Navas seems to have done well for them.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wonder if Eboracum made the switch to Chelsea last summer?
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

(Assuming him missing top 4 gets him fired, which it surely has to as it got Moyes fired)

In my opinion your defence is awful. I'd say the only defenders fit to play for your team are Zouma and Azpi. The rest are ok defenders, but not Chelsea quality (assuming you're a team that wants to be challenging for the Champions League).

Matic is a good player, just had a bad season.
Yeah I've mentioned this point many times on the Chelsea thread.

The CBs we have currently are amazing backup players(Terry, Ivan, Cahill) but we need at least one quality CB to partner Zouma. I think Baba Rahman can get some slack as it is his first season and hasn't been first choice for most of it. He's only 21 as well so it makes it hard going into an underperforming team.

Regardless most of the problems is down to a CB and a box to box midfielder. A striker and a goalscoring AM wouldn't go amiss either but really you need a cream of the crop AM like Gotze/Rodriguez who are attainable but unlikely to come to Chelsea at this moment in time.
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I wonder if Eboracum made the switch to Chelsea last summer?
That would be the funniest thing ever. After the season they've had, I think he just would've given up on football completely.

He might eventually move on to support Barcelona or Real Madrid who are always guaranteed success. Would stress him out a lot less.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Eboracum always struck me as a Madrid fan
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://thepeoplesperson.com/2016/05/...nited-149125/?
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

After. Pretty harsh to say something before. Woodward will allow the season to end before saying anything in public.

I can't see how he'll be allowed to stay if/when the season target is missed.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Why does the new kit look like a normal t shirt lol?

Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Why does the new kit look like a normal t shirt lol?

Because you're spending the rest of your budget on players in the transfer window?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)
Because you're spending the rest of your budget on players in the transfer window?
We better be getting Messi, Neymar and Suarez then
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
We better be getting Messi, Neymar and Suarez then
Inb4 Ibra for £70m
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (69)
33.17%
No I don't (98)
47.12%
I work during the holidays (41)
19.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed