The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well this puts me in a weird position. Because now I want us to lose so that he gets sacked.

Actually I remember having the same feeling towards the ends of Moyes' reign. I wanted us to lose so that it would speed up his departure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** that.
Sack him now and get it out of the way.
Fluke win and then the oafs here for the longer.

Mou in.
Reply 582
RK will be calling for Mou's head first
Wow feel sorry for VanGoat.

That game against stoke is going to be difficult....what happens if we draw...
If those articles are true then that makes boxing day so much more interesting, I think its a win win for us, he will either improve the standard of football v Stoke and Chelsea or get sacked.

I don't think I am quite at the stage where i can say "i hope we lose so he gets sacked", as a loss will mess up our top 4 "challenge" :s-smilie: I would rather have UCL football next season rather than change managers but this opinion can change VERY quickly :tongue:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
If those articles are true then that makes boxing day so much more interesting, I think its a win win for us, he will either improve the standard of football v Stoke and Chelsea or get sacked.

I don't think I am quite at the stage where i can say "i hope we lose so he gets sacked", as a loss will mess up our top 4 "challenge" :s-smilie: I would rather have UCL football next season rather than change managers but this opinion can change VERY quickly :tongue:

how will fans take a draw though.....i think that would be just as bad :lol:
Original post by trapking
how will fans take a draw though.....i think that would be just as bad :lol:

I think it depends on the manner of the draw, a 0-0 will mean he's gone but a 4-4 with lots of chances might mean we have to wait till Chelsea.

The most alarming thing for United from a board point of view has to be the fact that LVG has clearly lost the fans and this is not only bad for the atmosphere around the club but will also hurt their pockets.
Reply 587
In Louis We Trust

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I think it depends on the manner of the draw, a 0-0 will mean he's gone but a 4-4 with lots of chances might mean we have to wait till Chelsea.

The most alarming thing for United from a board point of view has to be the fact that LVG has clearly lost the fans and this is not only bad for the atmosphere around the club but will also hurt their pockets.

Yeah the mood is already pretty foul....everyone's pretty much VanGoat out at this point :rofl:

I reckon we will lose....Stoke have beaten Man City, Chelsea at the Britannia stadium already caused them all sorts of problems! It will be a difficult game to play for sure and if we play our usual boring 'possession do nothing' play it will be almost definitely a loss or draw.

What makes this whole thing hilarious is Van Goat was interviewed few days ago when Mourinho lost his job and said he was not surprised by the result....he was then questioned whether he was scared of losing his job he said yes but he knows how to deal with the pressure :lol:
Press have clearly been briefed as they're all reporting it at the same time.

Fingers crossed that we lose against Stoke then. I think Guardiola to City was agreed last summer and that's the only reason they gave Pellegrini a new contract. Guarantee there is some kind of break/exit clause in there.
It is a strange thought to have. The idea that you actively want your team to lose a game so your manager is sacked. But then seeing what's happened to this team...yeah I think it's definitely for the greater good. If he's going in summer there's really very little point in prolonging it and wasting the second half of the season.

Edit: I think Mourinho would join but I'm unsure if he would do so with Chelsea being his first game back (If LvG was sacked after Stoke). Maybe afterwards?
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't care who you have in charge, you should never want to see your team lose.

Unbelievable.
Reply 592
Original post by TornadoGR4
I don't care who you have in charge, you should never want to see your team lose.

Unbelievable.

Yeah it's pathetic.

Although I'm not convinced they genuinely do when it comes to the time. You're watching the game, it's 0-0, Martial is through on goal, and you're thinking "please miss" about your own team? I can't imagine it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by difeo
Although I'm not convinced they genuinely do. You're watching the game, it's 0-0, Martial is through on goal, and you're thinking "please miss" about your own team? I can't imagine it.

I was thinking about that earlier and thought about how alien that idea sounds. I think you're right that come gametime people will still end up cheering for United in that instance you described, heck you see it everytime there's a match on and you look through this forum that folks are still happy for a goal.

Still sticking by LvG? What's your thoughts on this supposed sacking coming up if results don't go our way against Stoke?
Yeah, it's just Man Utd's fanbase doing what they do best. Being overly emotional, fickle and spoilt.

Post is sponsored by Ian Harte.

Spoiler

Reply 595
Original post by MrDystopia
I was thinking about that earlier and thought about how alien that idea sounds. I think you're right that come gametime people will still end up cheering for United in that instance you described, heck you see it everytime there's a match on and you look through this forum that folks are still happy for a goal.

Still sticking by LvG? What's your thoughts on this supposed sacking coming up if results don't go our way against Stoke?

I'm slightly LVG in for now. The target was a title challenge and that's what we've got. But if we get 0 or 1 points from Stoke + Chelsea then I'd have no complaints with getting rid for Mourinho as at that stage we'd be some way off the top and even top 4 would be in danger. And with the window opening it'd be the right time.

The ideal situation for me is LVG to the end of the season, then Pep. Mourinho would do better than Louis in the short term but leave the team in a worse state.
so help me god we better win against Stoke on boxing day, be watching it with my uncle who is a huge Arsenal fan so the idea of us losing is even worse than ever.
I want us to win v stoke or atleast do 10x better than we did v nowrich...if mourinho takes over he'll probably be told to promote youth,theres no way hed get away with not doing it plus hes played loftus cheek,zouma and some other young players im sure?
Reply 598
Wow, the fickle mentality is real.

Didn't know it's this bad tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599
If you don't win at Stoke I can see a repeat of what the fickle Arsenal fans did to Wenger at the Britannia last season

Shocking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest