The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
We're the only ones who can stop Arsenal winning the FA Cup again

Shame we'll get spanked by West Ham tomorrow

You should want Arsenal to win because it guarantees EL for 7th place :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
You should want Arsenal to win because it guarantees EL for 7th place :smile:

Mourinho hates the EL. He'd be livid if we ended up in there.
Original post by sr90
Mourinho hates the EL. He'd be livid if we ended up in there.

Well if you aren't gonna make top 4, can you at least let us finish ahead of you then?

We actually respect the EL you see :tongue:
Januzaj and Pereira apparently showed poor attitude in at U21 game last month and made LVG's blood boil and that's why LVG hasn't included them in the 1st team for the last few games. Lolz.
Pereira is so talented so hopefully Mourinho actually gives him chances. Januzaj on the other hand just seems to show poor attitude and is living off the 2013/14 season. Makes some dumb choices especially that Dortmund loan in which he was never going to break into that first team and play regularly and decided to go regardless of the fact that van Gaal told him its best to stay.

I really dont think Januzaj will make it at United. Bold statement but i can see Mourinho shipping him out.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Pereira is so talented so hopefully Mourinho actually gives him chances. Januzaj on the other hand just seems to show poor attitude and is living off the 2013/14 season. Makes some dumb choices especially that Dortmund loan in which he was never going to break into that first team and play regularly and decided to go regardless of the fact that van Gaal told him its best to stay.

I really dont think Januzaj will make it at United. Bold statement but i can see Mourinho shipping him out.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454650/Chelsea-s-Jose-Mourinho-heaps-praise-on-Man-Utd-starlet-Adnan-Januzaj
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-desperate-chelseas-academy-3036232
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/18/jose-mourinho-chelsea-manchester-united

All dated from 2 years ago. A lot has changed since then. Januzaj has shown nothing close to his 2013/14 season and there's so many examples of him showing really poor attitude. Granted, he hasn't been given many chances but there has been enough chances for him to at least make an impression. van Gaal seems to supposedly love giving youth a chance and the fact that he said he sees Januzaj as a forward but continues to use Rashford (an unproven 18 year old) tells you everything you need to know about Januzaj's attitude and lack of development in the 2 years van Gaal has been in charge.

Anyway, the stuff van Gaal is spouting out recently is so desperate. It's almost cringe worthy that this **** is still in charge of United. He's said that the style of play isnt the problem and works, continually says this season is progression from last season citing that we went ****ing one round further in the CC and now says that the media are unfair and that United are still in with a chance of winning the FA cup and/or the Europa League and not many managers can say that. He's lost the plot, it'll be interesting to hear what he says next Friday if we get knocked out of the cup competitions. I know many complain about the constant moaning of van Gaal on this thread, but seriously it hurts to see this **** stll in charge of our club. It's amazing how we've accepted mediocrity, you'd never see such a situation occur at RM, Barca or Bayern. Ffs Chelsea sacked Mourinho in December even though he is their most successful manager ever in their history.
All dated from 2 years ago. A lot has changed since then. Januzaj has shown nothing close to his 2013/14 season and there's so many examples of him showing really poor attitude. Granted, he hasn't been given many chances but there has been enough chances for him to at least make an impression. van Gaal seems to supposedly love giving youth a chance and the fact that he said he sees Januzaj as a forward but continues to use Rashford (an unproven 18 year old) tells you everything you need to know about Januzaj's attitude and lack of development in the 2 years van Gaal has been in charge.

Januzaj's attitude has had a lack of development and supposedly poor attitude for nearly 2 seasons. LVG has been here nearly 2 seasons. Co-incidence?
Original post by Dirtybit
Januzaj's attitude has had a lack of development and supposedly poor attitude for nearly 2 seasons. LVG has been here nearly 2 seasons. Co-incidence?

Fair enough, there's more than enough evidence that van Gaal just seems to love falling out with his players. I guess we'll have to see when Mourinho comes in the summer. This car crash of a season can't end fast enough, I'm already looking forward to the Euros.
who is the next ManU manager?
will it be Murinho?
Original post by TeeEm
who is the next ManU manager?
will it be Murinho?

99% sure it's definitely Mourinho.

Anyway, the stuff van Gaal is spouting out recently is so desperate. It's almost cringe worthy that this **** is still in charge of United. He's said that the style of play isnt the problem and works, continually says this season is progression from last season citing that we went ****ing one round further in the CC and now says that the media are unfair and that United are still in with a chance of winning the FA cup and/or the Europa League and not many managers can say that. He's lost the plot, it'll be interesting to hear what he says next Friday if we get knocked out of the cup competitions. I know many complain about the constant moaning of van Gaal on this thread, but seriously it hurts to see this **** stll in charge of our club. It's amazing how we've accepted mediocrity, you'd never see such a situation occur at RM, Barca or Bayern. Ffs Chelsea sacked Mourinho in December even though he is their most successful manager ever in their history.

Serious thought - what if he wins tomorrow, beats Liverpool 3-0 next week and also wins against City in the league?
If this thread was in charge we'd have sacked Ferguson in 1988

You all disgust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Serious thought - what if he wins tomorrow, beats Liverpool 3-0 next week and also wins against City in the league?

Then he will lose the next couple of games

Original post by difeo
If this thread was in charge we'd have sacked Ferguson in 1988You all disgust mePosted from TSR Mobile
Imagine comparing defeated and finished LVG to a young Ferguson (who happened to become the GOAT manager) in this day and age.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio

Serious thought- do you actually think we'll even win a single game in our next three fixtures? We've been brutally exposed by Liverpool and i think we'd maybe hold you at OT but definitely see Liverpool scoring to effectively end the tie. West Ham are similar to Liverpool in the sense they press and play at a high tempo as well as have Payet who is a workhorse and an outstanding player. West Ham are in a rich vein of form as well and i expect them to comfortably beat us tomorrow. City always turn up against us, well they didnt last season but fully expect them to turn up and silent the critics after a poor display against Norwich. I mean, if these players cant turn up and play with passion at Anfield against Liverpool on a European night, i dont expect them to turn up against City.

Obviously if van Gaal wins all three and takes us to the next round of the cup competitions, he's officially LvGOAT.

Semi srs.

Original post by difeo

You all disgust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Times have changed bruh.

Ffs exactly. If we beat City, i expect us to probably lose to Everton and Spurs the following weeks. Only 4 points off 4th but the fact that we're ridiculously inconsistent and struggle to put together a string of wins will be the reason why we'll probably finish 6th/7th.
Original post by difeo

You all disgust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1457829608.476611.jpg

No. He has to show something if he's going to get picked. When he's picked, he does nothing to warrant staying in the team. I don't care who the manager is. He is young and needs to prove himself.
Reply 6258
Loool at not thinking Pereira and Januzaj are on the first plane out of here when Jose lands. Herrera ain't gonna play either, we'll bring in a deadly striker as Mourinho's system requires it. 12 1-0's and an 85 point (championship winning) season awaits.

Meh I'm just saying that I know he obviously isn't the guy for you, but if for whatever reason he gets the results, what can you do?

Serious thought- do you actually think we'll even win a single game in our next three fixtures? We've been brutally exposed by Liverpool and i think we'd maybe hold you at OT but definitely see Liverpool scoring to effectively end the tie. West Ham are similar to Liverpool in the sense they press and play at a high tempo as well as have Payet who is a workhorse and an outstanding player. West Ham are in a rich vein of form as well and i expect them to comfortably beat us tomorrow. City always turn up against us, well they didnt last season but fully expect them to turn up and silent the critics after a poor display against Norwich. I mean, if these players cant turn up and play with passion at Anfield against Liverpool on a European night, i dont expect them to turn up against City.

Obviously if van Gaal wins all three and takes us to the next round of the cup competitions, he's officially LvGOAT.

Semi srs.

Even though we violated you on Thursday, I don't think we'll win at OT. It's more of a pride thing than anything else; Liverpool winning at Old Trafford to knock United out of Europe isn't tolerated for your club regardless of how poor you are. That being said, I doubt you'll be able to keep a CS and I don't think you'll score 4 so it's unlikely you'll go through.
All in all though, 2-0 isn't an impossible scoreline to overturn. If you play well and we play awful, we could see a 3-0.

West Ham will probably turn you over though. Payet is out of this world and (similarly to Leicester) all of their players really want the results. They don't care about individual performance; it's a team effort and that's why they're so so good.

I think you'll win 1 of the 3 games. I doubt you'll lose them all. That being said, I won't have any sympathy for you if we beat you at Old Trafford.

Latest