The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
It's not simple, Coutinho has a pitiful goals per shot record

Would you rather have a striker that has 100% conversion with 5 goals a season? Or one with 10% but 20 goals a season?
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah don't worry, as long as your striker scores from every shot, you're satisfied with 5 goals a season :smile:

seriously it's awful lol
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/philippe_coutinho/165/165/2673/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/juan_mata/165/165/313/38/p|premier_league/2015/2016/roberto_firmino/165/165/2021/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/riyad_mahrez/165/165/11509/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/dele_alli/165/165/18185/0/p#total_shots/goals_scored#total

does that not get frustrating to watch? In your very own team you've got a player in the same position who scores more from half as many shots.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Look for a hole in his playing style? Wasn't even looking for one, just pointed out the fact that if a player takes a lot of shots per game, he would eventually end up scoring a few. Similar to Ronaldo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I said, it depends on positioning. Coutinho has clearly practiced shooting from that range and he has the ability to open up room. He scores more long range goals than you would imagine but equally he will pass the ball if a teammate is in a better position.

You know what I mean - we're opposing fans and we're always gonna have bias towards our own players and resent the best players of our opponents. That's just how it is :tongue:

I'd be silently relieved if rumours about Memphis leaving turned out to be true because although he's had a rough season, it's clear he has quality and it a real asset to have in your squad.
Original post by SentryE3D
Would you rather have a striker that has 100% conversion with 5 goals a season? Or one with 10% but 20 goals a season?

Neither is ideal, but let's stick to actual stats. I'd rather have the record of any of the players linked above (or practically any other attacking player) than Coutinho's
Why can't I be bothered to read any of Luke's posts?

Like my brain just switches off.

See above.

You're bitter because he actually gets the goals, and although he takes that many shots, he has to have the ball and create the space to do so. If he can get himself in the position to shoot more often than most other players, why shouldn't he have a shot?
Original post by Lúcio
See above.

You're bitter because he actually gets the goals, and although he takes that many shots, he has to have the ball and create the space to do so. If he can get himself in the position to shoot more often than most other players, why shouldn't he have a shot?

But my entire point is that he doesn't get the goals, really. There's loads of players in his position that have more goals, from less shots. He shoots more than Neymar and Suarez ffs :lol:
Original post by BeFoUr
Yeah you're returning to AIDS level posts with stuff like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Saying an English player's price increases when he's playing good.

Yeah, very aid post.

How about getting your head out of his ass before posting:wink:
Original post by difeo
But my entire point is that he doesn't get the goals, really. There's loads of players in his position that have more goals, from less shots. He shoots more than Neymar and Suarez ffs :lol:

Perhaps not. He doesn't score as much as you would like from those shots, however that being said, his shots are typically long range. You're less likely to score from 30 yards than you are from a tap in, so that's where the stats are skewed slightly.

In any case, I'd prefer to look at the stats that matter; his ability to score and assist. Even when he isn't doing that, he's skipping past a player and helping us on a counter so I guess it just depends how you want to assess him.

Like I said to WOLO, we're always gonna try and drag down each other's players. I often try to make out Martial isn't as good as you make out, however I also respect that he's your best outfield player and can at times create a goal out of nowhere (that penalty in the EL as one example). Similarly to Memphis, I wanted him to fail because he's at United but right now it would be stupid so say they aren't both quality.
Imagine thinking Kane is worth the same as Aguero.
You're posts are so biased they're actually a joke:biggrin:.

£60million isn't even a surprising fee ffs.

Without doubt the best striker in the Premier League, who despite spends half his time sidelined, still manages to score a similar about of goals then these so called beasts.

Aguero min/per goal ratio = 112
Kane's = 130.
Bare similar mate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Imagine thinking Kane is worth the same as Aguero.
You're posts are so biased they're actually a joke:biggrin:.

£60million isn't even a surprising fee ffs.

Without doubt the best striker in the Premier League, who despite spends half his time sidelined, still manages to score a similar about of goals then these so called beasts.

Aguero min/per goal ratio = 112
Kane's = 130.
Bare similar mate.

about of goals then

There's 18 minutes in it which is nothing, and Kane's played many more games so it's harder to maintain that ratio. The point wasn't to say that Kane> Sergio anyway, just that to say Agüero being worth near double of Harry is illogical when he's injury prone and 6 years older

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Moving on from Kane vs. Aguero.

Curious to see this, since both Martial and Rashford are essentially inside forwards and could isolate the CBs.

Martial Rashford
Mata
Schneiderlin Herrera
Carrick
Rojo Blind Smalling Darmian
De Gea
Reply 6992
When is Shaw coming back?
If international break's killing you, this hour watch of Rio at the Oxford Union is worth a watch. Tellingly, he doesn't answer the question of when he knew Moyes was done. Van Der Sar has been at the Union also, which is next to watch.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Luke just stfu

10/10 poster

Would recommend
Original post by BeFoUr
about of goals then

There's 18 minutes in it which is nothing, and Kane's played many more games so it's harder to maintain that ratio. The point wasn't to say that Kane> Sergio anyway, just that to say Agüero being worth near double of Harry is illogical when he's injury prone and 6 years older

Posted from TSR Mobile

Initial point I was making is that even though he might be a 40mill player, his valuation will increase massively because he's English (not singling out Kane), especially to someone like United, where he'd probably cost 70mill+.

Auger on the other hand is a 60mill player who I would no doubt spent that kind of money on because even though he's injury prone the guy puts in unbelievable performances.
Pereira played tonight and scored this:
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/714228632923815936

Nothing unusual
Original post by Dirtybit
Pereira played tonight and scored this:
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/714228632923815936

Nothing unusual

Against the footballing superpower that is South Africa, and it's nothing special
A good keeper would have stopped it. He should have passed. Congrats to him, though.
If we get CL we're getting Ibra
not sure how I feel about that

Latest