The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
26 years. You only have to look at his early years here to see that we weren't a sacking club even before he became great.

Football is not the same as it was back then.
26 years. You only have to look at his early years here to see that we weren't a sacking club even before he became great.

The thing is, LVG isn't a long term option. If this was Giggs and the football wasn't up to standard but he was slowly chugging along in our current league position, you can cut him some slack because he's learning and is a long term option. LVG isn't, he has one more year left, and there are good managers available right now, that might not be if we let him see out of his contract. I don't care what anyone says, with our squad right now we should be challenging for the title. And if people want to argue it's not good enough, then what the **** was £250m spent on? Either way, I can't take much more of this soul draining football. I wouldn't even mind so much if we were playing quality football and not getting the results, but what we have right now is downright awful.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
@hayles101
Any news from your sauces?

Mou Mou Mou... how do you like it how do you like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We are 18th in the league for chances created and 15th for shots on target. It's just not good enough for Manchester United. Most fans can accept losing the odd match if we bombard the opposition but fail to convert. Fans can also accept losing 3-2 if we gave it everything but they scored some unstoppable goals. We're not at that stage though, we're just playing negative football and hoping the opposition doesn't score.

Also, playing Martial on the wing is a crime. We've seen what he can do when started up front. He clearly prefers to be the one leading the line, rather than supplying others. LVG insists on playing people out of position. I think he wants to show people he can go against the grain and come up with some tactical masterplan. He's overcomplicating everything and we're not seeing any benefits.

He has to go, bring in Mou.

Lol ffs. Was just waiting for Wayne to show up.

Oh wow that is brilliant. Felt sorry for him though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Da **** is going on :biggrin:
Original post by hayles101
Mou Mou Mou... how do you like it how do you like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need hard evidence. :colonhash:
Lol ffs. Was just waiting for Wayne to show up.

Was the Rooney bit that got me :biggrin:
LVG will stay and we will win the league

@hayles101 please confirm
It's funny how Scholes has moaned about Van Gaal's 'philosophy' being boring and sideways yet that's what Guardiola's all about.
Don't know why people are expecting LVG to get sacked now of all times. If it didn't happen a day after Norwich then it's not going to happen until AT LEAST after Stoke. Chill, guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But Mourinho got fired 3 days after Leicester. You don't even have to go back that far. People need to stop pretending they know how these things work.
Most likely the club will sack him if they drop points against Stoke and lose to chelsea.
Original post by atom y humber
But Mourinho got fired 3 days after Leicester. You don't even have to go back that far. People need to stop pretending they know how these things work.

I'm just thinking back to when Moyes was sacked which happened the day after we were knocked out of a top 4 spot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by atom y humber

They are not that far from the title at this point, they are not in immediate danger of missing out on top 4, the style of play ain't great but it's not yet in a position where the manager's now untenable at the club.

He could get sacked if Chelsea were to win and they fail to beat stoke(as then they'll be in definite danger with Chelsea 5 points behind with half a season to go). However that is how football works. He could be sacked tomorrow but I think that it would be somewhat obvious if he was being sacked.
Original post by qasidb
I'm just thinking back to when Moyes was sacked which happened the day after we were knocked out of a top 4 spot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Moyes was sacked right after it was mathematically impossible for us to achieve top 4. It was reported his payout was a lot cheaper that way. We were in 6th or 7th at the time.

Latest