The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
hold up lvg stormed out of the press conference...wth? it last 4mins and 58secs according to daniel taylor?

hahaha can't wait to watch this one!
Press conference over already :tongue:
If Guardiola's said he already know what club he's joining, that sounds like Arsenal to me. Meanwhile, Mourinho's begging Man Utd to sack LVG and come get him. I don't know if it'd end well though.
Original post by ozzyoscy
If Guardiola's said he already know what club he's joining, that sounds like Arsenal to me. Meanwhile, Mourinho's begging Man Utd to sack LVG and come get him. I don't know if it'd end well though.

Arsenal? Bold shout.

Januzaj has been very average for Dortmund (watched every game this season, the difference in football between them and us is huge lol), he just doesn't fit into their system. Far too greedy for the quick one touch football they play to slice open defences. On a side note, Kagawa is such a beast. I still occasionally cry myself to sleep that it didn't work out for him at United.

If only we'd have bagged Klopp, would be sorted for a good few years.
wait a sec i'll post tje tweet from MEN
LVG Quotes from the presser:"You have to stick by facts and when I get calls off Alex Ferguson, David Gill, and Ed Woodward because you are creating something that’s not good.“I wish you a Merry Christmas and also maybe a Happy New Year when I see you. Enjoy the wine and a mince pie. Good bye.”
sack that dutch pigeon and replace him with a washing machine

@ManUtd announce allardyce

@ManUtd No I'd rather gorge my eyes out with Freddy Cruger' fingernails you frauds.

Juan Mata and Ander Herrera will submit transfer requests if Louis van Gaal hasn't left #mufc by June [

:lol:
We're ****ed.

We'll get 7th this year again.
Spurs and Leicester will be ahead of us.
Original post by Harvey.Specter
Arsenal? Bold shout.

Januzaj has been very average for Dortmund (watched every game this season, the difference in football between them and us is huge lol), he just doesn't fit into their system. Far too greedy for the quick one touch football they play to slice open defences. On a side note, Kagawa is such a beast. I still occasionally cry myself to sleep that it didn't work out for him at United.

If only we'd have bagged Klopp, would be sorted for a good few years.

not surprised if he goes to arsenal tbh everythings set up for him to do great at arsenal,possesion football,a young team and a great youth system and stability
wait a sec i'll post tje tweet from MEN
LVG Quotes from the presser:"You have to stick by facts and when I get calls off Alex Ferguson, David Gill, and Ed Woodward because you are creating something that’s not good.“I wish you a Merry Christmas and also maybe a Happy New Year when I see you. Enjoy the wine and a mince pie. Good bye.”

this is just hilarious :lol:
Louis Van Gaal press conference:

Lvg: Has anybody in this room not going to say sorry to me? Nobody? Thats what I'm wondering.

Reporter: What we done wrong?

Lvg: I thought I had been sacked? What do you think that happens with my Wife or my kids and grandchildren, or with the fans on United, or even my friends, what do you think? They have called me, alot, and also Wenger is talking about it, do you think that I want to talk with you lot now, I'm here only because of the rules, I have to sit here and talk with you, but I can only see when I say something you use my words with your context. I have tried to lift the confidence of my players, I have done everything this week, held meetings, with the players and the staff, had Christmas lunch and made a speech. I have the support of everyone in Carrington, but I didn't feel that in the media, I can imagine you can write about that, we are not in a good position, but 4 weeks ago we were top of the league, and in about 4 weeks we can be back in that position.

Reporter: You have managed big clubs before, but this is Man United, when things don't go well & the supporters have turned its inevitable that theres speculation.

Lvg: No, you don't do that. You have to stick by the facts. When I get calls from Ferguson, Gill, Ed Woodward because you are creating something that is not good and not being the facts, now I have to answer questions, I don't want to do it. I am focused on Stoke City, I am helping the players, I wish you all a Merry Christmas, good new year, enjoy a mince pie & wine, goodbye. *Walks out*
Original post by SirAlexFerguson

Lvg: Has anybody in this room not going to say sorry to me? Nobody? Thats what I'm wondering.

Lvg: I thought I had been sacked? What do you think that happens with my Wife or my kids and grandchildren, or with the fans on United, or even my friends, what do you think? They have called me, alot, and also Wenger is talking about it, do you think that I want to talk with you lot now, I'm here only because of the rules, I have to sit here and talk with you, but I can only see when I say something you use my words with your context. I have tried to lift the confidence of my players, I have done everything this week, held meetings, with the players and the staff, had Christmas lunch and made a speech. I have the support of everyone in Carrington, but I didn't feel that in the media, I can imagine you can write about that, we are not in a good position, but 4 weeks ago we were top of the league, and in about 4 weeks we can be back in that position.

Reporter: You have managed big clubs before, but this is Man United, when things don't go well & the supporters have turned its inevitable that theres speculation.

Lvg: No, you don't do that. You have to stick by the facts. When I get calls from Ferguson, Gill, Ed Woodward because you are creating something that is not good and not being the facts, now I have to answer questions, I don't want to do it. I am focused on Stoke City, I am helping the players, I wish you all a Merry Christmas, good new year, enjoy a mince pie & wine, goodbye. *Walks out*

I honestly feel sorry for him :redface:

The way he's being roasted by the fans on social media and being constantly insulted it's brutal and just disrespectful imo! I mean fair enough people want him out but dayumn at least have some respect for him as a human being lol
hold up lads fullltimedevils 9:00 to 12 secs is what i agree with tbh...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emd-T4GWbvA
Original post by SirAlexFerguson

think ive got some newfound respect tbh i hope he gets us clicking if possible tbh....against stoke i want to see

DDG

Varela Smalling Jones Blind
Carrick Scheinderlin

Mata Hererra Young (Memphis isnt doing it for me atm)

Martial
Incredible scenes when he walked out. He got assurances from Gill, Fergie and Woodward. That definitely means there was an emergency meeting the other day but wtf is Gill doing there?

Lose against Stoke and i think thats that for van Gaal. Its sad to see him under such intense pressure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzyoscy
If Guardiola's said he already know what club he's joining, that sounds like Arsenal to me.

That's interesting, what makes you say this?
I feel inclined to disagree solely because our managerial situation isn't one that needs imminent attention unlike other clubs as such. Furthermore I don't know how feasible this would be, especially given that Arsene's contract does not end until 2017 if I recall correctly? Either Pep takes a sabbatical, or Arsene steps down earlier than expected. Neither of which I see happening.
hold up lads fullltimedevils 9:00 to 12 secs is what i agree with tbh...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emd-T4GWbvA

They're stuck in the past and believe this club is better than everybody else. United fans need to realise that things have changed and this club is no better than anybody else. The average manager in the Premier League is in charge for two or so seasons.

I have never ridiculed a team for sacking a manager that is under performing. It would be hilarious for any United fan to comment on other clubs doing this when our club saw success for the vast majority of Sir Alex's reign. Can't comment when your club is not going through the same ****.

The only team I have ever commented on is Real Madrid. They sack a manager after losing to the best team in world football.
Feel sorry for him but tbh, this is the real LVG with the media. I'm amazed this is the first time he's walked out, probably aware of his own reputation that he's been more composed. Good ending though, didn't forget to wish everyone a good Christmas and wine and pies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDAkmRkbVNI Henry and Cara's analysis on LVG style honestly i think its opened my eyes a bit we dont need a new manager per say but more movement off the ball and freedom in the final third...
(edited 8 years ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDAkmRkbVNI Henry and Cara's analysis on LVG style honestly i think its opened my eyes a bit we dont need a new manager per say but more movement off the ball and freedom in the final third...

Yupp that's exactly what I've been saying forever, when people have the ball no ones bothering to make runs they just stay there which is damaging our attack. The players are afraid to play freely there is lack of instinct in the way we play
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
That's interesting, what makes you say this?
I feel inclined to disagree solely because our managerial situation isn't one that needs imminent attention unlike other clubs as such. Furthermore I don't know how feasible this would be, especially given that Arsene's contract does not end until 2017 if I recall correctly? Either Pep takes a sabbatical, or Arsene steps down earlier than expected. Neither of which I see happening.

Wengz also said he wanted to leave Arsenal in the best state possible.
Considering you won't be winning the CL anytime soon (no fots), the PL looks very likely this season. Should you win it then I think Wenger might be inclined to leave as his job will be done.

Could leave Pep available...

Latest