The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why is Van Gaal being a bich boy?

Didn't care about rinsing Valdes in the media but now when the tabes have turned he's crying.

Get this fool out.
Manchester United
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Note: The performance rating is based on shots on target

It's interesting to see how despite the sudden drop in performances after 2009; when Cristiano Ronaldo left, there was a sudden increase in 'ability to win in spite of poor performances' and thus we maintained a good league position.

The Moyes season was just a massive lol looking back at it.
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
It worked with Guardiola because he had the players to achieve it as well as their commitment. Meanwhile we have the likes of Rooney and Fellaini trying to do what the likes of Villa and Iniesta did. Never going to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the league also makes a difference, La Liga is more about football with a lot of passes whilst the PL is more direct I think. If LVG had this "philosophy" as a Madrid manager then he'd be tearing teams apart in Spain.

But as you say, players make a huge difference
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Loved how LVG pronounced David Gill - "Daavid Gill" - in his brief conference today. TBH, I think it was the right move strategically to have a five min thing then walk off. He'd have been inundated with questions about his future but at the same time, he put doubt on his own future before Norwich and post-match.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
I think the league also makes a difference, La Liga is more about football with a lot of passes whilst the PL is more direct I think. If LVG had this "philosophy" as a Madrid manager then he'd be tearing teams apart in Spain.

But as you say, players make a huge difference
No not really. Madrid have based their game under Mourinho and Ancelotti under pace on the break. His ideal team is a team that has the ability to create in tight spaces(aka not Madrid), a team that can face teams from deep and with Strikers who are great at one touch finishes who do not have much of the ball (i.e. not Benzema who likes to link up the play)

Madrid is a terrible fit for his style unless he has a blank chequebook and the fans patience to change the style of play to a more possession orientated game.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
It worked with Guardiola because he had the players to achieve it as well as their commitment. Meanwhile we have the likes of Rooney and Fellaini trying to do what the likes of Villa and Iniesta did. Never going to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, not at all. The difference is nobody in our team bothers to make runs they just bloody stay there in the same place and start going backwards. Look how almost every player for Barca in the last third is making runs....we don't do that all!

It is so depressing to watch the players do this, it's seriously like the most basic thing in football! You have got to give options to the guy with the ball you can't just stand there in the same position and hope to score (which is what we do every single time....that analysis of Martial's position against Norwich shows exactly this he wasn't actually in the box for most of the game it's shocking (excluding the goal ofc)). You have to make runs which break up the defence and leave an opening for you to score.

What surprises me more than anything is that LVG says he "analyses" performances every week yet he can't see that his own players are almost static the whole game.....then people wonder why we only win games by 1 goal :facepalm2:
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Van Gaal has done great to get us back fighting near the top of the league, but style is so yawn inducing. Can't recall many games where we've won in style or dominated in an attacking sense. Possession football can ****ing do one, especially at home. Attack attack attack.

If he does go, please don't just give it to Giggs - I love Giggs, but we need proven managers.
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bild are saying Pep to City is confirmed; he'll be earning €25m/year+ bonuses.
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mo De Lemone)
Bild are saying Pep to City is confirmed; he'll be earning €25m/year+ bonuses.
Christ. That's even more than Ronaldo.

Rooney probably has a clause to say he needs to be top earner at the club, the slow one paced twatmonkey.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
No not really. Madrid have based their game under Mourinho and Ancelotti under pace on the break. His ideal team is a team that has the ability to create in tight spaces(aka not Madrid), a team that can face teams from deep and with Strikers who are great at one touch finishes who do not have much of the ball (i.e. not Benzema who likes to link up the play)

Madrid is a terrible fit for his style unless he has a blank chequebook and the fans patience to change the style of play to a more possession orientated game.
What a load of *******s
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
A lot of you guys needs to start respecting LVG more. You can want him out (as do I) but he's actually done a lot for the club in terms of clearing out players and also heavily invested time and money in youth. Just because you can't see the fruits of labour now doesn't mean the seeds haven't been planted.
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I despise the Sun but have to admit this is a good back page

Author: ''Apollo Gees'' ffs :lol:
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They know full well that that's not what LVG meant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PharaohFromSpace
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thats so ****ing childish from the sun
Manchester United
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
A lot of you guys needs to start respecting LVG more. You can want him out (as do I) but he's actually done a lot for the club in terms of clearing out players and also heavily invested time and money in youth. Just because you can't see the fruits of labour now doesn't mean the seeds haven't been planted.
Very true. SAF left us with a load of deadwood and LVG has cleared it out. One could argue he should have kept Chicharito and perhaps Rafael, but his signings have been marvellous. Martial, Memphis, Schneiderlin and Darmian will be great for years to come. He has also transformed Chris Smalling into Mike a world-class CB.

His tactics in the first two-thirds of the pitch are spot on too. Our defending and retention of the ball is superb. He just needs to correct a few things in the final third:

i) Put Martial up front
ii) Buy a top RW (or nurture Januzaj)
iii) Tell Memphis, Martial and the new RW to express themselves and not be as static
iv) Sell Fellaini
v) Drop Rooney
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Louis Reaction:

and

That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We should be handling LVG with a bit of class tbh, regardless of what our opinions are he is our manager and even if he goes he should be informed well in advance. All these rumours are brutally unfair and he is right to ask for an apology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
He's cleared out too many players, though. RVP, Hernandez, Wilson, Welbeck, and just replaced them with one man: Martial. And as good as he looked in his first few matches, he has looked a pale imitation since.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ha. That back page is mint.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (21)
38.18%
No I don't (23)
41.82%
I work during the holidays (11)
20%

Watched Threads