The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We're kinda ****-ed cuz that is probably the most interesting its gonna get under Mourinho - except that we'll score 1-0 and cue the bus parking.

I'd rather we stick with LVG, who will make top 4, and get Pep at the end of the season.
Original post by Senecaa
We're kinda ****-ed cuz that is probably the most interesting its gonna get under Mourinho - except that we'll score 1-0 and cue the bus parking.

I'd rather we stick with LVG, who will make top 4, and get Pep at the end of the season.

We're not getting Pep m8.
Played well, it was a great performance however the result was still 0-0 :frown:

I think LVG gonna stay till we lose another match, we got our bogey team Swansea next. If he were to leave then:

Moyes - First game v Swansea
LVG - First game v Swansea
New Manager - First game v Swansea

:tongue:
First half was better today but second half seemed to drop off a bit (although having two matches in three days is probably the cause of that). We were never really challenged though as Chelsea were pretty poor. No striker to disrupt our defense, no pressure to cause us problems, for the most part they just sat back and let us play.

We should have had at least one, arguably two penalties (handball + Mata tackle) and were very unfortunate with the two shots that hit the woodwork. I thought Martial was pretty poor for the majority of the match, continually losing the ball or having a heavy touch, but that stuff should improve as the months go on.

Not going to go completely overboard with positivity though, as it would have been a completely different story if Chelsea turned up and pressed us like other teams do.
Original post by sr90
On the bright side at least LVG will probably get sacked now

Yep. Match is over, hopefully his career is too.
We should just give Basti and Carrick one half each in every match we play and tell them to give it 100
Original post by Kenan and Kel
We should just give Basti and Carrick one half each in every match we play and tell them to give it 100

Can disrupt the game especially when one has been very good in one half
Long journey home now ffs

Amazing atmosphere today and finally United played some decent football. First 20 minutes of the game we played with such great movement and probing in the final third. Our buildup play and tempo was very good. Sadly, the last 15 mins when we really should have thrown the kitchen sink at them with relentless tempo but we just looked tired which is understandable due to 2 games in 3 days.

We had some great chances, the Herrera one stands out the most but Courtois seemed to have saved it or something as well as us hitting the bar twice. Chelsea looked so lost and were there for the taking but as usual like the City game we just couldnt take our chances and punish them. Thats now 8 games without a win, the pressure on the players must be unbearable atm.

I reckon van Gaal will possibly resign tomorrow morning but the question would be who do we replace him with? Mourinho is everyones favourite to take over from van Gaal but then again the football will still be dire as **** although i guess counter attacking football is something we're really known for. Giggs again would be very questionable to give it to him, its too huge a job and we cant miss out on CL football (currently 5 points off Spurs which is awful) but if Fergie gives him help and guidance then maybe it wouldnt be such a bad option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit

Van Gaal says he wont resign and wants to see out his contract.
LVG saying that he won't resign in his interview :u:

and if papers are correct Ed won't sack him so looks like he's here to stay for the near future :colonhash:
Original post by trapking
Van Gaal says he wont resign and wants to see out his contract.

Well United must sack him or we are going to miss out of top 4.
For crying out loud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My name is WeOnlyLiveOnce and I have to make sure everyone knows when I go to Old Trafford
laughed out loud @ qasi. That disappointment though
Original post by Kenan and Kel
My name is WeOnlyLiveOnce and I have to make sure everyone knows when I go to Old Trafford

Ouch the savagery is amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit
Well United must sack him or we are going to miss out of top 4.

looks like he will be still manager for the swansea game!

At least today he picked the right team....and we did attack and play entertaining football hence the fans applauding him at the end. We were unlucky today but whether we can repeat such performances with van gaal that's what im not really sure about...
Counter attacking football is not what Chelsea have been playing under Mourinho. Considering Chelsea scored 1 goal off the counter attack last season it's not really our forté the past season and a half.
Reply 1377
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Ouch the savagery is amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

why is he being such a lil bitch for?
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal, speaking to BT Sport: “For me, it [his future] is not an interesting subject because I cannot have any influence on that, I can only work with my players and you can see they are fighting for me. Even after this result the fans were applauding so I cannot say I’m very much concerned. In this football world you never know, but I’m fully confident in the board and my players.

"Will I resign? On the contrary. When the players can give such a performance with a lot of pressure, there is not any reason to resign for me. Maybe the media wants me to but I shall not resign. It's not a question of staying, it's a question of fulfilling my contract."

===============

The next few pages on this thread are going to be quite interesting.
Original post by xKay
why is he being such a lil bitch for?

Probs bored

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest