The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mo De Lemone
First and foremost, happy new year everyone! Secondly, Graeme Bailey is saying that we're very close to signing Felipe Anderson from Lazio; https://twitter.com/GraemeBailey/status/682876983877988352

@hayles101

Please read and advise accordingly

(Happy new year as well bae, I saw you on the FTD fancam montage, was proud)
Original post by Seabear11
Happy New Year to you too :smile:
Not heard of this guy much before, is he reliable?

Thank you, and he's a sort of free lance reporter who also used to work for Sky. He's quite reliable but he's gotten things before ie Ramos to United.
seen clips of felipe doesnt look all that tbh...
Original post by sr90
Isco has apparently submitted a transfer request. We should be all over that if true.

We don't need another CAM; we have Mata, Rooney, Herrera and Januzaj. We need a right-winger.
Original post by Manchester United
We don't need another CAM; we have Mata, Rooney, Herrera and Januzaj. We need a right-winger.

Januzaj is on loan, Mata is out of form and doesn't play at 10, Rooney is **** and bound for the MLS

If a player like that is available you get him. Simple as that.
Original post by sr90
Januzaj is on loan, Mata is out of form and doesn't play at 10, Rooney is **** and bound for the MLS

Surprised that LVG hasn't been sacked yet?

If you don't sack him in first 2-3 weeks in January, surely you wait till the end of the summer?
Yeah what Sr said.

Isco is too good of a player to turn down, especially at this stage. He's only getting better and age is on his side. Although i doubt Perez would let him go. Spanish prodigy and that.

Martial
Memphis Isco Mata
Original post by zKlown
@hayles101

Please read and advise accordingly

(Happy new year as well bae, I saw you on the FTD fancam montage, was proud)

Right back at you :wink:

I've stayed off here for a bit as its too depressing what's happening :frown:

Not sure about the Anderson rumours. He had a very good season last season but apparently not so good this season. Big risk. And I have genuine doubts if any attacking player can really do well in this LVG side.

Anyway Happy New Year all. I had a great year if you take United out of the equation. Please God let us be better in 2016. :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently Anderson is a CAM.

If we're going for a CAM then surely throwing £35mill at Isco would be a better bet...
Original post by sr90

No, it's stupid short-sightedness. We can recall Januzaj before the end of the season, he has immense potential and should be our future CAM. Mata isn't out of form, he just requires forwards to make direct runs. He shouldn't be played on the right because he can't dribble and he doesn't have the speed. Rooney still offers something that none of our other forwards do; leadership and grit. Rooney should be made to compete with Mata for one CAM spot, it would elevate both of their games. As I said before, Herrera can also play CAM.

Isco would cost £30m+ and that would be better spent on a centre-back, right-winger or a replacement for DDG.
Isco also has immense potential...
Original post by Rk2k14
Isco also has immense potential...

Why would United buy him then?
Fots.

The Labour Party may have a few looking for a new home soon, if the rumours about the Corbyn purge are true. Ed Balls is not available though as he's signed for Norwich!
Isco isn't stupid enough to come under LVG. Don't think any Spanish player will be convinced to join by Mata/Herrera/DDG after what happened to Valdes.
Just waiting for the day when LVG is sacked. Things are looking so bleak for us right now and I'd have preferred him being sacked before the Jan transfer window so that the new manager could bed in quicker and potentially add reinforcements of his liking, rather than inheriting LVG purchases, if LVG buys this jan.
(edited 8 years ago)
No, it's stupid short-sightedness. We can recall Januzaj before the end of the season, he has immense potential and should be our future CAM. Mata isn't out of form, he just requires forwards to make direct runs. He shouldn't be played on the right because he can't dribble and he doesn't have the speed. Rooney still offers something that none of our other forwards do; leadership and grit. Rooney should be made to compete with Mata for one CAM spot, it would elevate both of their games. As I said before, Herrera can also play CAM.

Isco would cost £30m+ and that would be better spent on a centre-back, right-winger or a replacement for DDG.

whynotboth.jpg
Original post by Major Zero
Just waiting for the day when LVG is sacked. Things are looking so bleak for us right now and I'd have preferred him being sacked before the Jan transfer window so that the new manager could bed in quicker and potentially add reinforcements of his liking, rather than inheriting LVG purchases, if LVG buys this jan.

Pep isn't coming until the Summer bruh
Pep isn't coming

Fixed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest