Is physical attraction important to you? Watch

Savage R3N3GAD3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can learn to look past it and accept someone no matter what they look like. It only matters if you're planning to have children with the other person, in which case they really need to have superior genes and be tall and beautiful because it's unfair to your kids if you decide to have children with an unattractive person. That's just wrong.
Holydude
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whilst at a Halloween party I met a women who I thought was easy to get along with as well as being fun to hang out with, which led to a date the next day. When we met the next day I did not find her at all attractive (she is 8 years, 10 months older then me) however I told myself to not be shallow because I remembered how fun she was. Anyway, through a two hour conversation over dinner, I got to know her which led to our first kiss. Long story short she is now my GF of three years+ who I plan to marry. This is a rather simple, but relevant story because I now feel a deeply strong attraction to her....
Lord Samosa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Biryani007)
I see you've moved on from only looking for a pulse :ahee:
I'm just trying to retain some dignity
markovchain17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yh if I found her ugly it'd be hard 2 have a relationship with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
Yes. It's not the be all or end all but I'd like to find the person I'm dating attractive..
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cherry82)
I'd like to hear your opinions

If so why and if not, why also?

Would it be shallow not dating someone you're not attracted to but has an awesome personality likewise dating someone because of their looks solely?
Of course its not shallow. How on earth can you have a relationship with someone your not attracted to? What you have there is a friendship.

Oh and its not an absolute - its not either looks OR personality, Its a mixture of the two.
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm a strange one. Intelligence is key for me.

So, I couldn't date someone that was good looking & dumb (socially not academically). But I could date someone that was not so good looking & intelligent. This is because intelligence (in my opinion) gives greater pathways to intellectual, interesting conversations. I could not stand being with someone and talking about the same few things omg -.- I want to educate and constantly be educated. Also, I can't help it but when I see intelligence, I see ambition, one who is driven to learn more about an intriguing or not so intriguing topic.

This is what I find attractive. Cute smiles, nice eyes, great teeth etc arent essentials but bonuses, in my opinion.
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3)
You can learn to look past it and accept someone no matter what they look like. It only matters if you're planning to have children with the other person, in which case they really need to have superior genes and be tall and beautiful because it's unfair to your kids if you decide to have children with an unattractive person. That's just wrong.
But I've seen parents who would be considered 'unattractive' have beautiful children vise versa.
Jeena_hunt5476
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yh and u do realise ur traits come mostly from your grandparents and then ur parents. And like someone said there are ugly people with stunning children.
Also you're saying that it's unfair to your kids if you're having children with an unattractive child. But what if two unattractive people are in love with each other?
Wouldn't it be unfair that an unattractive person is using an attractive person to try and get beautiful babies?
You're logic is just plain stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Savage R3N3GAD3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But I've seen parents who would be considered 'unattractive' have beautiful children vise versa.
It's a very dangerous game, I'd certainly never take that risk. While there is no guarantee that beautiful parents will produce beautiful progeny, it's still the best (and only) way to go to give your offspring the best opportunity of inheriting favourable aesthetic traits. That's why unattractive people shouldn't mate with other unattractive people, it's very unfair on the children.
Savage R3N3GAD3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
Yh and u do realise ur traits come mostly from your grandparents and then ur parents. And like someone said there are ugly people with stunning children.
Also you're saying that it's unfair to your kids if you're having children with an unattractive child. But what if two unattractive people are in love with each other?
Wouldn't it be unfair that an unattractive person is using an attractive person to try and get beautiful babies?
You're logic is just plain stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your first sentence is gibberish. Secondly, it's extremely rare for ugly people to produce beautiful children, I have never once seen it. The laws of nature dictate that there is a very high likelihood that unattractive people produce unattractive children.

It's perfectly fine for two unattractive people to fall in love with each other. But they should not have any children together because that would be extremely inconsiderate of them and very unfair on the children who have to suffer the consequences of their ancestors' poor genetics. I'd never willingly do that to my future children, if I ever decided to have any.

I didn't say anything about using attractive people to try to get beautiful babies. If the opportunity arises, then by all means, grasp it firmly with both hands and consider yourself very lucky. If no such opportunity arises, then that's that. But no matter what you do, you should never have children with an unattractive person, that's not an option worth considering. Think of the children, they don't deserve that fate.
loveleest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, to me it kind of is. I expect my partner to find me attractive. I mean, why would I date someone that was physically replused by me. Might as well just be friends with someone if they had a great personality and werent attracted to them.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think its important for the initial attraction as lefts face it, you don't see a persons true personality at the start but I think their looks become less important as the attraction overall builds. To have a sexual relationship though, there must always be some level of sexual and physical attraction left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tom Jickleson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think we need to make a distinction between 'good looking' and 'attractive'. And anyone that says physical attraction isn't important is a filthy liar.
Cherry82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Your first sentence is gibberish. Secondly, it's extremely rare for ugly people to produce beautiful children, I have never once seen it. The laws of nature dictate that there is a very high likelihood that unattractive people produce unattractive children.

It's perfectly fine for two unattractive people to fall in love with each other. But they should not have any children together because that would be extremely inconsiderate of them and very unfair on the children who have to suffer the consequences of their ancestors' poor genetics. I'd never willingly do that to my future children, if I ever decided to have any.

I didn't say anything about using attractive people to try to get beautiful babies. If the opportunity arises, then by all means, grasp it firmly with both hands and consider yourself very lucky. If no such opportunity arises, then that's that. But no matter what you do, you should never have children with an unattractive person, that's not an option worth considering. Think of the children, they don't deserve that fate.
To be honest I think someone's attractiveness is all subjective. Someone is bound to find you unattractive while another finding you attractive. It depends on many factors such as the culture someone is based in too example. In certain cultures curvy women are said to be beautiful where in others, skinner, more slim women are said to be beautiful.
I think Zendaya the actress and singer is gorgeous, beautiful girl however others may disagree with me. Also her parents were deemed as 'ugly' by the media on countless occasions (me personally I think they are ok, well mannered people) however their produced a beautiful, young lady.
username1969391
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd like to hear your opinions

If so why and if not, why also?

Would it be shallow not dating someone you're not attracted to but has an awesome personality likewise dating someone because of their looks solely?
I'd been lying if I said it wasn't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (41)
32.03%
No I don't (61)
47.66%
I work during the holidays (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads