Turn on thread page Beta

Now US stands for UNUNITED STATES watch

ReputationRep:
    7 days of shame: Wave of islamophobic attacks follow San-Bernardino massacre https://www.rt.com/news/325755-san-b...hobic-attacks/

Reuters

Anti-Muslim attacks have taken place across the US every day this week. Islamophobic crime and anti-Muslim rhetoric have been on the rise since the California attacks on December 2.

Surely this world power will collapse soon because of civil war between Muslims & Non-Muslims.

IS will laugh their asses off. They will definitely win!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so freaking glad I live in England y'all
    even though there's some *******s out here that attack innocent Muslims
    the majority keep their hands to themselves even though they hate us
    I LOVE YOU GUYS T_T

prayers go out to the Muslims and the non-Muslims out there in America and the rest of the world - I hope that one day we can settle our differences and live together in peace and harmony
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    In order to defeat IS we need to demonstrate that we're united against them. This kind of thing will only make them stronger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    7 days of shame: Wave of islamophobic attacks follow San-Bernardino massacre https://www.rt.com/news/325755-san-b...hobic-attacks/

Reuters

Anti-Muslim attacks have taken place across the US every day this week. Islamophobic crime and anti-Muslim rhetoric have been on the rise since the California attacks on December 2.

Surely this world power will collapse soon because of civil war between Muslims & Non-Muslims.

IS will laugh their asses off. They will definitely win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I truly hope it doesn't come to civil war (and I honestly don't think it will even if Donald trump becomes president) but if it did then Muslims in America would seriously loose out. As a group they are a tiny proportion and don't hold a great deal of power within America.

ReputationRep:
    Trump hasn't incited hatred against Muslims he hasn't even said ban Islam just ban immigration until this extremism is under control.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a problem is in denial. Look at your gutless politicians like Ed Balls saying Trump is a liar about no go areas.

ReputationRep:
    DSA: The Disjointed States of America.

ReputationRep:
    The States are still united under one flag.

This is nothing compared to some of the other civil unrest we have seen in the US over the past decade.

ReputationRep:
    how are the US states un-united? they live under a federal constitution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garfeeled)
    I truly hope it doesn't come to civil war (and I honestly don't think it will even if Donald trump becomes president) but if it did then Muslims in America would seriously loose out. As a group they are a tiny proportion and don't hold a great deal of power within America.
    Agreed.

The US has certain aspects which makes it the toughest for ISIS to terrorise.

The Muslim population has little to no influence there and is an insignificant statistic, nationally speaking.

The US is probably the most outwardly christian of all the western countries, you can see the friction between different religious ideologies (I'm right- no I'm right!)

The US population are armed and heavily in some areas - preparing for a civil war is almost written in the constitution!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garfeeled)
    whatever will happen, will happen. don't you think tiny ants can defeat an elephant? okay, whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I'm so freaking glad I live in England y'all
    even though there's some *******s out here that attack innocent Muslims
    the majority keep their hands to themselves even though they hate us
    I LOVE YOU GUYS T_T

prayers go out to the Muslims and the non-Muslims out there in America and the rest of the world - I hope that one day we can settle our differences and live together in peace and harmony
    living together in peace & harmony? such a great dream! but your dream will never come true. because history always repeats itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    living together in peace & harmony? such a great dream! but your dream will never come true. because history always repeats itself.
    maybe one day... come on man just be hopeful!

ReputationRep:
    US Muslim population - The estimate differs but at most it's 8 million in a population of 300 million plus people.
    It could even be as few as 2.6 million (less than the population of Muslims in the UK)
    http://www.idigitaltimes.com/muslim-...ny-idea-392930

UK Muslim population (in 2011) - 2.7 million out of 56 million people (4.8%).

So if you do class Muslims as a "problem" (I certainly dont class the majority of Muslims as a problem/threat) then the US has less to worry about than the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_...United_Kingdom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I would say that what happens next will be defined largely by the most vocal Muslims. If the most vocal Muslims continue to be those who espouse homophobic views and such, then any such support that could come from other minority groups (such as LGBT groups) will be lost, which is the worst thing that can happen at a time like this where the far-right are growing and anti-Muslim attitudes are growing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    I would say that what happens next will be defined largely by the most vocal Muslims. If the most vocal Muslims continue to be those who espouse homophobic views and such, then any such support that could come from other minority groups (such as LGBT groups) will be lost, which is the worst thing that can happen at a time like this where the far-right are growing and anti-Muslim attitudes are growing.
    i fully agree - i'll try to contribute however much i can and i hope the Muslims who have their head screwed on right will be the ones doing the most talking and condemning the pieces of human FILTH that are terrorising the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    i fully agree - i'll try to contribute however much i can and i hope the Muslims who have their head screwed on right will be the ones doing the most talking and condemning the pieces of human FILTH that are terrorising the world
    It wont be easy though. Having an article on something ludicrous said by Anjem Choudary is more likely to help sell papers.

Also, one thing that I hope doesn't gain more support is this idea that Muslims shouldn't vote. I can not think of anything more detrimental than a whole minority group retracting their vote. By not voting, they are indirectly giving their support to far right groups.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not muslim, but I wouldn't want to live in the US even if you paid me. Hollywood propaganda aside, it's an absolute nutjob nation filled with idiots, on the way down from its peak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    It wont be easy though. Having an article on something ludicrous said by Anjem Choudary is more likely to help sell papers.

Also, one thing that I hope doesn't gain more support is this idea that Muslims shouldn't vote. I can not think of anything more detrimental than a whole minority group retracting their vote. By not voting, they are indirectly giving their support to far right groups.
    yeah exactly
    i mean this

took place like 10 days ago (London - Marble Arch) yet no one has heard of it, it wasnt even on the Metro :/
    it was pretty big and roads were closed off, people on buses were filming and drivers were looking as we marched yet nothing surfaced online

yeah it would be the most STUPID thing if muslims didn't vote tbh... esp since there's so many in the UK now :O

ReputationRep:
    I kind of empathise with both attitudes of the US and Europe, therefore I understand why they are the 'ununited states'.

On one hand I think Trump is way out of line and much of the US is aiming its overreaction at the wrong individuals. European nations evidently see through this facade, ironic given that they've had to suffer from it way more. They understand that IS is not true Islam, and that Muslims are essentially ordinary people who deserve equal treatment, as we seen in our local Muslim communities.

On the other hand, my demographic is quite vulnerable in the eyes of Islam, so I would be concerned that protecting Muslims and their faith would be wrongly interpreted as me supporting their religion, and therefore disowning aspects of society that I benefit from. As seen in 9/11, I understand why the US is anti-Muslim, since virtually all terrorist groups have made it their aim to destroy the US, with Islam being their reasoning behind this. Still, I guess Europe is more concerned about the attack on individuals, whereas the US is more concerned about the attack on an ideology. Both arguably have equal importance in the long term.

It is ultimately a huge grey area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    maybe one day... come on man just be hopeful!
    impossible. that peace doesn't exist.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2015
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.