Turn on thread page Beta

What is going on?? Advice please! watch

Announcements

OK, this is a bit pathetic but I need someone's objective opinion so here it goes:

There's this guy I've known for 2 years now, but recently my feelings became a lot more than friendly which is excruciating as I am too shy to do anything direct about it and I have no idea if he has any feelings for me at all.

Until recently we only ever met in the company of common friends, when they had a party etc, and there was always chemistry there. I could tell he was happy to see me, although the conversation was never anything more than just friendly. However, in the last few months, we have started communicating independently (mostly via email) as he has helped me a lot with a project for university - it is quite close to what he is studying and he has a lot more knowledge about it than I do.

Now, the last email I sent him was a week ago and he hasn't replied which has left me feeling anxious and catastrophizing 24/7 like crazy. I did not even know I had such strong feelings for him until that happened. I don't want to chase him for a response as I don't know why he has not responded and I don't want to be pushy, but I then realised that in that email I included 5 weblinks to different web-pages for him to look at. I can see that he has not accessed those web-pages yet...

What the hell is going on? Is he ignoring me or is it possible at all that because of the weblinks my email may have landed in his spam mail? What do you think? I'm grateful for any thoughts that will help me put this behind me as it is taking ridiculous amount of brain-space... Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OK, this is a bit pathetic but I need someone's objective opinion so here it goes:

There's this guy I've known for 2 years now, but recently my feelings became a lot more than friendly which is excruciating as I am too shy to do anything direct about it and I have no idea if he has any feelings for me at all.

Until recently we only ever met in the company of common friends, when they had a party etc, and there was always chemistry there. I could tell he was happy to see me, although the conversation was never anything more than just friendly. However, in the last few months, we have started communicating independently (mostly via email) as he has helped me a lot with a project for university - it is quite close to what he is studying and he has a lot more knowledge about it than I do.

Now, the last email I sent him was a week ago and he hasn't replied which has left me feeling anxious and catastrophizing 24/7 like crazy. I did not even know I had such strong feelings for him until that happened. I don't want to chase him for a response as I don't know why he has not responded and I don't want to be pushy, but I then realised that in that email I included 5 weblinks to different web-pages for him to look at. I can see that he has not accessed those web-pages yet...

What the hell is going on? Is he ignoring me or is it possible at all that because of the weblinks my email may have landed in his spam mail? What do you think? I'm grateful for any thoughts that will help me put this behind me as it is taking ridiculous amount of brain-space... Thank you!
    You are probably overthinking the whole thing. If you two have chemistry, that a good sign. Just try and talk to him via text or Facebook e.c.t and from there you can see where you two are. Just keep at it

(Original post by CptConnor)
    You are probably overthinking the whole thing. If you two have chemistry, that a good sign. Just try and talk to him via text or Facebook e.c.t and from there you can see where you two are. Just keep at it
    Thanks for responding @CptConnor, you are right I'm definitely overthinking here! But I don't have any excuse to contact him if he does not reply to my email (and annoyingly he is one of those who is not on facebook). Why the heck is he not replying? Is it possible it went to his spam...?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for responding @CptConnor, you are right I'm definitely overthinking here! But I don't have any excuse to contact him if he does not reply to my email (and annoyingly he is one of those who is not on facebook). Why the heck is he not replying? Is it possible it went to his spam...?
    He might not have checked his email in the past week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like it was a pretty lengthy email, maybe he's just not had time yet to read it properly and put together a reply?

Thanks guys, yeah, it was an email that would require some work, lol. He may not have had the time to look into it, and for all I know he may have a secret life going on that I did not know about, ugh... In fact, I know too little about him to miss him this much, I have to get a grip! So no one here thinks that the spam theory (due to too many weblinks) is a legitimate possibility, no?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, yeah, it was an email that would require some work, lol. He may not have had the time to look into it, and for all I know he may have a secret life going on that I did not know about, ugh... In fact, I know too little about him to miss him this much, I have to get a grip! So no one here thinks that the spam theory (due to too many weblinks) is a legitimate possibility, no?
    Possible, but I don't think it's likely. Don't overthink it! It's so easy to see a big email and think "I'll reply later" and forget about it. I'm terrible for it!

Thanks CurlyBen, you're probably right. I wish that email was higher up on his priority-list as it is the only excuse I have for contacting him, but I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and wait it out, and try hard not to stalk the heck out of him online in the meantime, haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.