What is a 'social life'? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I ask this as a genuine question as I have not been out socially with people outside my immediate family for about 7 years (since primary school), I have tried to arrange things like the cinema and the like, but that is twice a year at most and only once with someone who wasn't from from primary school. I am honestly confused how people even approach the subject, do they just go 'hello, do you want to hang out outside school/college/work?' Or is there something more? Is it in groups of six or seven, or groups of three or four? Are you invited or does it require a figurative push?
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Idek anymore.

No idk. When you're close with someone, you just wanna see them outside of school/work etc i guess and it just comes up...
Savage R3N3GAD3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Social life = having social interactions with members of your immediate family, members of your extended family, people in your school/college/university, people in your place of work, people who attend a club/society/event/activity which you also attend...and so on. You usually have to be proactive in terms of arranging to meet up with people, arranging and attending group socials, things like that. You might get invited, but most of the time it seems like you have to put in effort to connect with people around you and start conversations so that you can introduce yourself and form friendships, relationships and acquaintances. People won't always just come to you and invite you out, a lot of the time you have to put yourself out there and ask people to meet up and do things together.
loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's a mixture of both you putting the effort in and someone else asking you. I don't particularly have a 'social life' either so don't feel too bad
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lol, only on TSR would this be a serious question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (216)
70.59%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
18.63%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
10.78%

Watched Threads