First time going out? Watch

ArtisticFlair
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys, it's my first time going out drinking tomorrow. I used to be quite anxious but I think I've largely overcome this issue now I'm at university. However, I'm going with one of my friends and a few of his friends who I don't know.

We're pre drinking and then going to a club.

So - do you bring drinks for the pre drinking?
Would it be seen as boring to leave at say 11pm if you need to catch a train?
What can I talk about to avoid being seen as boring and dull?!

Thanks guys
BookBird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ArtisticFlair)
Hi guys, it's my first time going out drinking tomorrow. I used to be quite anxious but I think I've largely overcome this issue now I'm at university. However, I'm going with one of my friends and a few of his friends who I don't know.

We're pre drinking and then going to a club.

So - do you bring drinks for the pre drinking?
Would it be seen as boring to leave at say 11pm if you need to catch a train?
What can I talk about to avoid being seen as boring and dull?!

Thanks guys
I think you're generally supposed to. Don't feel like you need to bring a lot, just one bottle of whatever. If you need to catch a train, then I'm sure they'd understand. In terms of what to talk about.... hmm, anything? Once people start downing drinks it honestly won't matter what you talk about. Don't stress too much and try to enjoy yourself. If you feel quite nervous, take a couple of drinks to calm yourself down. Also, don't get wasted, lol, so that you can get to the train station and home safely. x
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BookBird)
I think you're generally supposed to. Don't feel like you need to bring a lot, just one bottle of whatever. If you need to catch a train, then I'm sure they'd understand. In terms of what to talk about.... hmm, anything? Once people start downing drinks it honestly won't matter what you talk about. Don't stress too much and try to enjoy yourself. If you feel quite nervous, take a couple of drinks to calm yourself down. Also, don't get wasted, lol, so that you can get to the train station and home safely. x
Pre drinks before pre drinking before going out? Risky strategy
BookBird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by plasmaman)
No, pre-drinks before going going out. OP, do not pre-drink before the pre-drinks, that is not what I meant. I meant down a couple of drinks during the pre-drinks.
John55
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
11pm is very early to leave. From my limited experience pre drinks generally start at a flat party around midnight and you don't leave to go clubbing until around 2-2.30 am. Don't worry though I never realized people go out that late until after my first time either.
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by plasmaman)
It is not risky, it is bold. Fortune favours the bold.
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
It is not risky, it is bold. Fortune favours the bold.
Until the bold pass out before 11 pm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (118)
63.44%
No (68)
36.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise