Question about Warwick's Law Modules? Watch

misterconfused
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,

I'm thinking of applying for Law at Warwick (for 2017 entry, it's early days I know :P ) and I was looking through the list of modules available. Some of these sound really interesting to me. I was just wondering how many modules you are allowed to pick each year for say a 4 year course?

Thanks!
perfaketion
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm curious as well. :9 hoping that a current student/alumni would reply soon
I'm going to Warwick for LLB (3 years) this Sept/Oct btw, read that we're doing 6 core modules in the first year, wondering if we actually get to do more modules in total at Warwick. thrilled!
WarwickFan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by misterconfused)
Hello,

I'm thinking of applying for Law at Warwick (for 2017 entry, it's early days I know :P ) and I was looking through the list of modules available. Some of these sound really interesting to me. I was just wondering how many modules you are allowed to pick each year for say a 4 year course?

Thanks!
Hi, in first year there are no modules that you can choose outside of the school, all of them are compulsory. There are essentially 5 modules, two of which are halve modules (Modern English Legal System and Introduction to Legal Theory), whist the other three modules are: Criminal, Tort and property (good luck with property, you are given some 450 pages of notes during the first week which are notes first term only).

As for second year, I must admit i'm not entirely sure myself, but I believe with some certainly that you can pick two modules outside of the school, either two halve modules or one full module.

I should say, this is the case for those students studying straight law.

If you have any general questions about warwick university and law in general I would be more than happy to reply to you.
faby96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Late to the post but, assuming you are doing straight law, in first year, you don't get to pick any. In second year, you can pick two to three (depending on whether they are half or full modules) and in third year you get to pick three to six (again depending on whether they are half or full modules).
gwava
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah you don't pick any modules in your first year unless you're doing a degree like Law with Humanities/Law with Social Sciences (but even then it's normally limited to swapping out just one module, like Legal Theory, for an external module), and then what faby96 said! You can take as many modules as you like, what's important is you fulfil the required number of credits for the year. So if you were taking 15 CAT modules you could take more than if you took 30 CAT modules.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (51)
21.43%
Unconditional if firmed (18)
7.56%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.84%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.1%
No unconditional offers (162)
68.07%

Watched Threads