Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else here prefer Italian Football? watch

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I never grew up watching Italian Football, I'm not from italy, but for some reason I prefer it over the EPL, even if the league isn't as glitzy as it once was, I mean in England but I'm also a fan of Serie A, what about you guys, any teams you like in Serie A?

ReputationRep:
    Loved Inter as a child because of Ronaldo, but Italian football doesn't interest me really.

ReputationRep:
    1994 called, they want their thread back.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's sad to see how far Serie A has fallen from the Football Italia on Channel 5 days. You get the odd good title race and season, but the quality is poorer than its three major rivals (La Liga, Bundesliga, PL) and the crowds are dwindling.

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying to watch because players because they are constantly faking fouls and arguing with the referee for whatever reason.
    Stadiums also often look half-empty.

ReputationRep:
    I used to really like it, because of how unpleasant and dirty the Italian players are as well as the really badly behaved fans.

Then again, I think players like Suarez and Costa are entertaining pantomime villains rather than something to be stamped out, players like Michael Owen with their nice guy routine are like dying of old age.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    We're a long way from the glory days, when Juventus were a powerhouse to be reckoned with, and AC Milan were in the same breath as Real Madrid. Even the two Rome clubs, Inter, Parma and Fiorentina offered something on a European stage.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.