Anyone else here prefer Italian Football? Watch

Lookingforlight
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
To be honest I never grew up watching Italian Football, I'm not from italy, but for some reason I prefer it over the EPL, even if the league isn't as glitzy as it once was, I mean in England but I'm also a fan of Serie A, what about you guys, any teams you like in Serie A?
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Loved Inter as a child because of Ronaldo, but Italian football doesn't interest me really.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1994 called, they want their thread back.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's sad to see how far Serie A has fallen from the Football Italia on Channel 5 days. You get the odd good title race and season, but the quality is poorer than its three major rivals (La Liga, Bundesliga, PL) and the crowds are dwindling.
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's annoying to watch because players because they are constantly faking fouls and arguing with the referee for whatever reason.
Stadiums also often look half-empty.
RulesforRadicals
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I used to really like it, because of how unpleasant and dirty the Italian players are as well as the really badly behaved fans.

Then again, I think players like Suarez and Costa are entertaining pantomime villains rather than something to be stamped out, players like Michael Owen with their nice guy routine are like dying of old age.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We're a long way from the glory days, when Juventus were a powerhouse to be reckoned with, and AC Milan were in the same breath as Real Madrid. Even the two Rome clubs, Inter, Parma and Fiorentina offered something on a European stage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (134)
18.56%
Labour (309)
42.8%
Liberal Democrats (143)
19.81%
Green Party (41)
5.68%
Brexit Party (21)
2.91%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.28%
SNP (9)
1.25%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.83%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.14%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.14%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)