leighligemi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I am doing Economics for undergraduate degree and thinking about applying for Economics and Economics&Management in LSE. Do I need to adjust my PS to fit in something on management basis? I am a bit struggle because I could exceed the word limit.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It isn't a good idea to apply for more than one course at one uni so either apply for economics or economics and management and tailor your PS accordingly.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't you get to write a separate PS for each application? If so each one will need to be tailored to the course. I only applied for one MSc (and not at LSE) so I'm not sure if that's feasible.

Exceeding the word limit just means you have to edit it so it's within the limit.
Jantaculum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LSE is two courses per application and they look at the applications sequentially - so you need to tailor your statement towards your first choice programme.

So if Economics and Management is your first choice then write a statement for that including management aspects.

But if Economics is your first choice then it should be mainly economics with a little bit about management in case you don't get into Economics but get passed on to E&M.

Having said that, LSE is so competitive that writing a statement to cover two programmes is always going to be difficult - sometimes it's better to choose one and really go for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.8%
Spring (35)
18.52%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.34%
Winter (36)