Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i think im on aqa but i need help, i really have no clue on how to answer questions, and what structures to use

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Russian lang. has more free structure than English. But "subject+verb" is often preffered. Intonation is important. F.e. Q:Вы читали эту книгу?You can answer: да(yes) нет (no) читал(а) её (I have read (it)) да, она интересная (yes,it is/has been/was interesting) etc. And you can repeat this sentense with affirmative intonation.
    Russian is difficult, I ve tried give you some short info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat9)
    Hello. Russian lang. has more free structure than English. But "subject+verb" is often preffered. Intonation is important. F.e. Q:Вы читали эту книгу?You can answer: да(yes) нет (no) читал(а) её (I have read (it)) да, она интересная (yes,it is/has been/was interesting) etc. And you can repeat this sentense with affirmative intonation.
    Russian is difficult, I ve tried give you some short info.
    No Nat, the question was on Russian History, not Russian Language...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dansmith99)
    i think im on aqa but i need help, i really have no clue on how to answer questions, and what structures to use
    Firstly, try using CGP's AS History books for study - I found them really useful when I was doing this course last year There's two for Russian History, one on the reign of the Tsars from I think 1881 - 1924, and one on Stalin's Russia from 1924 - 1954.

For an essay structure, follow this system...

- Introduction -
    Give some context about the topic. Should be a couple of sentences long. Declare a bias - i.e. if you think that collectivisation was generally a bad idea, say so here.

- Positive/Agree Points -
    Write three paragraphs for positive/agree points. These should follow a PEEL structure...

POINT
    EVIDENCE
    EXPLANATION
    LINK

So present a point, i.e. "collectivisation led to a worse economy", present evidence, i.e. "agricultural production was 46% lower in such-and-such year", then explain, i.e. "this led to such-and-such happening". After these, link it back to the question, i.e. "this suggests that collectivisation was not a good policy".

- Negative/Disagree Points -
    Now do exactly the same thing as you did with the Positive Points, but presenting the negative or disagree arguments.

- Conclusion -
    Summarise your arguments and wrap it all up with a final link-to-question, i.e. "it is therefore fair to conclude that collectivisation was not a good policy". Do not add any new information here in your conclusion.

When it's all done, your essay should be roughly 2-4 A4 pages long (when using a Word font size of 12) and should have eight paragraphs...

- 1x Intro
    - 3x Positive/Agree
    - 3x Negative/Disagree
    - 1x Conclusion

I hope this all helped! Please be sure to ask me if you have any other questions

ReputationRep:
    I understand it is place for hist. q.
    But it looks like about lang. There is no details about hist. issues.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! do you know of any online resources i could use??

ReputationRep:
    If about History --- academia.edu There are many researches here,many materials you can download (free!).
    About lang.-- I dont know good resourses " Russian as foreign lang." because I m a native Russsian speaker).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat9)
    I understand it is place for hist. q.
    But it looks like about lang. There is no details about hist. issues.
    Topic title: "Russian history as please help!?!"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 16, 2015

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.