The Student Room Group

Failed my mock GCSEs and want to go to medical school?

Hi there, I did pretty poorly in my current mocks for someone who is aiming for medical school. I got 3A*, 4A, 2B, 1C. I really need to know whether it is a realistic goal to move up from a B or a C to an A*. I know its now 6 months til the real thing but I am still worried. Has anyone else had an experience with poor mocks and then did well in the real thing? And when should I start revising for the real thing if I'm aiming for majority A*? Thanks
i got an E in one of my GCSE mocks and got an A* in the real thing. And in maths, I went up from a C to an A, so it's definitely possible!
Original post by Chirpsman
Hi there, I did pretty poorly in my current mocks for someone who is aiming for medical school. I got 3A*, 4A, 2B, 1C. I really need to know whether it is a realistic goal to move up from a B or a C to an A*. I know its now 6 months til the real thing but I am still worried. Has anyone else had an experience with poor mocks and then did well in the real thing? And when should I start revising for the real thing if I'm aiming for majority A*? Thanks

I went from U to A in my A-levels... Doing law now. :smile:
Start revising now - small chunks, nicely divided so you're not overloading yourself. And then like a month or two before your exams start, increase your revision amount and believe me - once the exams come, you will ace them.
Of course you can, it's easy to bring GCSE grades up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
As long as you put in the effort between Easter and your exams, you will be fine. I got a C in my mock and a A* in my real exam. The main thing is not to panic, everyone has bad days. Good luck!
Reply 5
It's easy to move them up if you learn from your mocks. In my mocks I got 1C 1B 5A and 2A*. In those subjects I ended up getting 1B 2A 6A*.

Just make sure you use them to improve.
Original post by Chirpsman

Oh my word, you did not fail. This world is literally destroying kids, it's ridiculous. Please, remember that these are mocks. It is not going to be that tough to up your As by a grade to the A* boundary and the Bs to an A. It won't really hinder you if you have one C/B and the rest A*/As.

Please just don't think you've done poorly or failed - those are brilliant grades, especially for mocks. Just learn to play the GCSE game a little better.
Thanks everyone! I go to a posh grammar school on a bursary and feel way out of my depth here lol. I've been *******ed by most of my teachers for my results but Im going to work hard for the real thing

Quick Reply

Latest