Royal Holloway Admissions for TV, Film and Digital Production Watch

theatreaf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm looking at Royal Holloway for TV, Film and Digital Production as I want to study this at other universities as well. However, the grade requirement is ABB and I got lower than this by three grades, as I already have my results.
Looking at unistats though, 40% of the people on that course got my amount of UCAS points or lower. I have extra points because of extra-curricular activities that are related to this course.
Is it worth applying? It'd be the highest ranking university I'm applying for, and I have so much experience in the actual field of work - if I could prove that to them, do you think they'd give me the same leniency as they gave other students in previous years?
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by theatreaf)
I'm looking at Royal Holloway for TV, Film and Digital Production as I want to study this at other universities as well. However, the grade requirement is ABB and I got lower than this by three grades, as I already have my results.
Looking at unistats though, 40% of the people on that course got my amount of UCAS points or lower. I have extra points because of extra-curricular activities that are related to this course.
Is it worth applying? It'd be the highest ranking university I'm applying for, and I have so much experience in the actual field of work - if I could prove that to them, do you think they'd give me the same leniency as they gave other students in previous years?
Unfortunately, it is unlikely that we would be able to make you an offer with those grades. Have you considered retaking some modules to see if you are able to boost your grades closer to the entry requirements?

It may be possible that this course enters clearing, at which point the entry requirements may be lowered. It's worth keeping an eye out in August to see if this is the case, although please do note that this is generally a very popular course and last year did not enter clearing.

I'm sorry that this isn't the most hopeful news, but I really would suggest having a look around Clearing to see what the situation is then.

Camilla
izzypowell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi,

I am currently a first year studying Film, Television and Digital production at Royal Holloway. I received BBC in my AS levels and ABC in my A-levels and received a place. I think for this course, the interview is a really strong part of your application and good work experience definitely helps. If you are more than 3 grades out then chances are you won't be accepted, but I know many people at royal holloway who were accepted with 1 or 2 grades lower.

I would suggest if you really love Royal Holloway to apply and see what happens and put a safe entry requirement uni as your insurance. I applied for film production at the university of Gloucestershire that wanted 300ucas and was a very familiar course.

If you are worried try emailing head of the course (James Bennett) and ask his advice, I emailed him as I was worried about my grades and he was very supportive.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (51)
21.43%
Unconditional if firmed (18)
7.56%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.84%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.1%
No unconditional offers (162)
68.07%

Watched Threads