The Student Room Group

A Levels are stressing me out!

I'm so worthless. I'm so stressed out. A-levels are stressing me out. We're doing our AS mocks and I know I'm going to fail every single one. I'm so supid. I try so hard to study hard and study 'smart' but nothing works. It's like I'm honestly so studpid. I do everyhting I possible can to do well but nothing is enough.

Education is ALL i have. I'm not good at anything else at all. NOTHING. Everyone in my family thinks that I'm so clever but once they see my results, they'll no how studpid I really am.

I'm going to end up being a dissappointment in life. I'm such a worthless human being. I have nothing to offer. I just want to do my parents proud so I don't endd up being a failure and a loser like evERY OTHER SIBLING THAT I HAVE!!
I don't know what to do anymore. I really jus want to die.
I know my problems are so trivial compared to the terrible events that are occuring across the world, but I can't help feeling like this.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Nonononononononono...

No-one is worthless.

Don't you dare tell yourself that you're a failure.

Look to the future.

There's something waiting for us all.

Stay strong.

:hugs:
Look dude. The number one thing you need to realise is that, just because hard work hasn't YET paid off, doesn't mean it will NEVER pay off. You're studying hard and that's all you need to do for these exams. There is literally nothing more you can do. If it doesn't work out, consult someone you trust. And nothing lasts forever. You will see success soon :smile: Chin up - I know it's hard.. But you can do it!
I've been in your position. I still am in that position. It gets better, trust me
hey you are a valuable person even if you have no education whatsoever. your parents will still love you.

hope it works out OK

:bear:
:console:
:hugs:
You are precious.
Reply 6
don't
i have now read your post
therefore now you are part of my life, my story
and i care about you
please :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
people do care about you, they might not always show it but there will be someone who to them you are their whole world x
(edited 8 years ago)
A-levels can do this to you, it happens because you decide they are your ONLY path to success, but you know what, they really aren't.

There are other OPTIONS!

If university is your dream and your fail A-levels 1st time round, you still have other options!

You shouldn't allow A-levels to bring you down this much, I get where you are coming from, I to have cried and felt so overwhelmed and worthless this year.

But you literally only have 1 life, you have a millions of chances to do something great in this 1 life, don't waste it feeling like this.

Smile, keep going
(edited 8 years ago)
It will pass.

I would chat to your parents. Tell them how this is making you feel. They will reassure you. You will feel better.

The moment will pass.
I'm a pretty happy person, I've been blessed in some respects, I've had very tough times too.
I've cried myself to sleep before too.
However, you must fight on. You must keep perspective and stop these dark thoughts. It's just your own feeling of inadequacy that is exacerbating these demons.
Many a strong person has crumbled. A few of my friends who constantly joke and laugh, have self-harmed or have major, profound perceived inadequacies. It's fairly normal to feel down but you must deal with it, learn to manage failure as well as success.
That is a life skill, you don't learn that at school unfortunately. Only through trial and tribulation.
(edited 8 years ago)
OP.

I know it feels like you're trapped on all sides, that any move you make will just end up with you suffering more and that it's never going to get better.

But it will.

You can't predict the future. I don't think you ever thought you would be in this position a year ago, at the brink of doing something terrible. So don't think you're worthless and it won't get better for you now. Because it can and it will!

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Quick Reply

Latest