should you ever ask a girl to be your girlfriend? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
should you ever just ask that question or should you just keep dating and hanging out then ask if they want to make it official when its getting a bit more serious?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
After a few dates and sustained interest, why not? :dontknow:
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, never ask.
Bupdeeboowah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
should you ever just ask that question or should you just keep dating and hanging out then ask if they want to make it official when its getting a bit more serious?
No, because it objectifies women as the sexual property of men, devaluing and demeaning them. If you do so you are a chauvinistic pig.

#smashthepatriarchy #everydayfeminism
Savage R3N3GAD3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No need to take it seriously, just keep it very casual and superficial.
hejraat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not that I'm feminist or that I think jt objectifies women, I just think thats lame.

So no, just keep chilling and its cool as long as you both know you're more than friends
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
#SmashFeminism
Holydude
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I asked my GF quite bluntly to enter into a relationship with me, she said yes.
BobbyFlay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No absolutely not, chloroform works better.
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
do whatever you want - who cares what we think?
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As long as you're having sex, she is the one who is more invested at that point. So she has more reason to ask, so wait until she does or just continue as you were.
jazjaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow I can't believe that it's got to the point where people think a man asking a woman to be his girlfriend is objectification! I would much rather that then be kept as a perpetual booty call for the rest of my days! Don't be surprised when men just give up and boycott us altogether.
Alexion
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That's how it happened with me. But it'll be different for every relationship
the terminator
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Surely after a few dates it would become apparent whether she is or not?
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
No, because it objectifies women as the sexual property of men, devaluing and demeaning them. If you do so you are a chauvinistic pig.

Ugh the world doesn't need more Katie Hopkins.
Mystery.
Report 3 years ago
It's the worst thing to do. Never ever do it.
I repeat: Never.
Dheorl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)

AAAAHHhhhahahahhhahahahaa....

You're kidding right?
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
Please, please, please do. I, as a girl, hate asking the question. I feel it's the guy's role - a bit like I'd never propose, I guess. But then I get stuck in limbo. It's exhausting. Do everyone involved a favour and say how you feel!
Plumstone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you've been dating and there is obvious mutual interest, then yes, it's perfectly reasonable to ask.

My boyfriend and I went on a few dates, kissed, and then next time I saw him, I said "So... for administration purposes, are we now boyfriend and girlfriend?" and he said "Yes please, if you want to be?" and that was that.

If, however, the girl is just someone you've admired from afar, then it will be totally awkward and lame if you just walk up to her and say "Will you be my girlfriend?"
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Plumstone)
If you've been dating and there is obvious mutual interest, then yes, it's perfectly reasonable to ask.

My boyfriend and I went on a few dates, kissed, and then next time I saw him, I said "So... for administration purposes, are we now boyfriend and girlfriend?" and he said "Yes please, if you want to be?" and that was that.

If, however, the girl is just someone you've admired from afar, then it will be totally awkward and lame if you just walk up to her and say "Will you be my girlfriend?"
i told her i liked her and she said she was very attracted to me and we should hang out more, since then we've talked quite a bit but the whole liking each other hasn't come up again. we haven't been on any dates but we have spent time where it is just the 2 of us and there is mutual interest. However we have not kissed yet because i'm not sure whether that is on the cards yet, shall i wait a while longer for things to get a bit more intimate? not necessarily sex
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (110)
70.51%
No I haven't decided yet (30)
19.23%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
10.26%

Watched Threads