Turn on thread page Beta

I think it is worrying that i am only 16 and i have so many breakdowns, the smallest things upset me. For example yesterday i was walking home and it was so dark and cold, i saw a homeless man sitting on the floor freezing to death. He said to me "have a great evening" and i burst into tears. It's so unfair. Bad things happen to good people. Another thing is that i have mocks coming up. My teachers gave us so many packs to do. I came home and emptied my bag, there was just way too many stuff to get through and it upset me, people expect so much from me (i.e my mum wants me go get good grades but she always tells me to do other things). It was really bad on Friday because i just felt like giving up on everything.I don't know why i feel like this. Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I think it is worrying that i am only 16 and i have so many breakdowns, the smallest things upset me. For example yesterday i was walking home and it was so dark and cold, i saw a homeless man sitting on the floor freezing to death. He said to me "have a great evening" and i burst into tears. It's so unfair. Bad things happen to good people. Another thing is that i have mocks coming up. My teachers gave us so many packs to do. I came home and emptied my bag, there was just way too many stuff to get through and it upset me, people expect so much from me (i.e my mum wants me go get good grades but she always tells me to do other things). It was really bad on Friday because i just felt like giving up on everything.I don't know why i feel like this. Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.
    I don't really know why you said that it's worrying because you're only 16. I'd say the reason it's happening is because you're 16. This is just what happens somewhere between 14 and 18 and almost everyone goes through it. You'll find a way to stop it, and I'm sure it will be soon. Just power through for now. It's hard but it's just this damned age range. Any adult will tell you they would never go back to being that age.

OP, my dear, I'm in the same position as you. I know it feels heavy and empty inside (like that's not confusing enough) . But you have to perservere and get through it. It's tough I know. But you'll get through it with time. Keep on going, keep perserveing, your hard work will pay off in the end.

If you need someone to talk to about it and just let it all out, feel free to PM me.
    Good luck with mocks!

ReputationRep:
    Just get through it, you will feel absolutely amazing on the other side. Try your best to get all your mock prep done, make sure that you relax properly afterwards. Anyway, crying ever now and then can be a good thing, it can help you to get rid of stress, it's only human. Sometimes it is easier if you can set yourself some targets. Use your mocks as an opportunity to find out which learning and revision strategies are most effective for you - good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.