best exercises to loss weight Watch

JokerPepsi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I had planned on 2015 being the year I loss weight and get fit, unfortunately I done something to my back which has resulted in a couple of disc protrusions.

I am looking for exercises that aren't too intense on the back and will help strengthen the core muscles as well as help loss weight.

I have been some very light yoga and pilates just to get muscles moving and help the back pain. I have started doing some DDP Yoga after reading good reviews.

Anyway suggestions?
kateaustins
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JokerPepsi)
I had planned on 2015 being the year I loss weight and get fit, unfortunately I done something to my back which has resulted in a couple of disc protrusions.

I am looking for exercises that aren't too intense on the back and will help strengthen the core muscles as well as help loss weight.

I have been some very light yoga and pilates just to get muscles moving and help the back pain. I have started doing some DDP Yoga after reading good reviews.

Anyway suggestions?
Hi, I would probably recommend some form of swimming, breast stroke might not sound the easiest on the back but the water supports you and uses all your core muscles, helping you to form a muscular layer of support around your spine, protecting you. Plus, the cost of going to your local pool will be significantly less than a gym membership. You're right to be doing yoga and pilates, great for core strength. Other than that, speaking to a physio might help a lot, just speak to your GP for a referral.

As far as weight loss is concerned, it sounds like you can't get much cardio done except swimming. So honestly it sounds like a case of cutting out the bad things in your life (fizzy drinks, chocolate, white bread etc). Also, try as much as you can to walk to places rather than drive, cycle if you can. I've been known to walk 12km to peoples homes because it does your body a world of good and improve your cardiovascular stamina.

Let me know if this helps (by giving rep? shameless!)
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
HIIT and lower calories intake
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (208)
19.15%
Labour (461)
42.45%
Liberal Democrats (210)
19.34%
Green Party (57)
5.25%
Brexit Party (29)
2.67%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (16)
1.47%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.92%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)