Turn on thread page Beta

The best example why the left love Islam watch

ReputationRep:
    The petition to ban Trump from the UK started before the comments towards Muslims.

After him insulting Mexicans, women, black African Americans, gay individuals, disabled individuals, various nations across the world and so on, the left still did not care.

But when he says something against Muslims the left come in their swarms to sign the petition. This shows that they rush to the defence of Islam and have a special relationship with it.

Why does the comments towards Islam bring out the emotion in the left but not insulting comments towards anything (or anyone) else?

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Islam and Muslims aren't the same thing :facepalm2: he didn't actually say anything critical about Islam, he said he wanted to ban Muslims entering the US. And although he has said inflammatory things about some other groups, none of them went as far as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    Islam and Muslims aren't the same thing :facepalm2: he didn't actually say anything critical about Islam, he said he wanted to ban Muslims entering the US. And although he has said inflammatory things about some other groups, none of them went as far as that.
    So sending all Mexicans back to Mexico and banning all of them is not the same?

Thank you for proving my point that the left have a special relationship with Islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    *sigh*
    I expect nothing less when I have just proved the point and you can't dispute it

ReputationRep:
    let's face it Jezza isn't going to lose many votes from the Mexicans

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The 'left' has kicked up such a fuss because it is a good way for them to increase their personal profile, due to the amount of attention given to the comments by Trump by the global media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holydude)
    The 'left' has kicked up such a fuss because it is a good way for them to increase their personal profile, due to the amount of attention given to the comments by Trump by the global media.
    But why only do they care when Muslims are insulted? Trump has insulted many groups and few signed the petition.

ReputationRep:
    I promise people cared but I think with the petition this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Then, of course he got wind of the petition and started lying about Britain which gave the petition even more traction and coverage. People cared though. Anyone with a remotely political twitter feed has probably been watching Trump since the first rumours of his running for the Republican nomination. Watching him get crazier and crazier has become something of a hobby for a lot of people. Also the kind of Brits who were on him really early were probably the sort that don't want to ban him because that plays into his whole rhetoric. He's almost running the same kind of media campaign as IS; he paints himself as the underdog saviour under attack from the mainstream, appealing to highly vocal margins of society who become fanatical in their support. The ban much like the bombs then become a recruiting tool. That is as far as the IS comparison goes though before I start being shouted at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    So sending all Mexicans back to Mexico and banning all of them is not the same?

Thank you for proving my point that the left have a special relationship with Islam
    Banning citizens of a singular neighbouring country from entering your own is bad but nowhere near as outlandishly ridiculous as banning all followers of a global religion. They aren't equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    But why only do they care when Muslims are insulted? Trump has insulted many groups and few signed the petition.
    Because not many popular figures have insulted Muslims in the way Trump has, which may scare the left considering the right would benefit from this type of view becoming accepted in 'western' societies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    I promise people cared but I think with the petition this was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Then, of course he got wind of the petition and started lying about Britain which gave the petition even more traction and coverage. People cared though. Anyone with a remotely political twitter feed has probably been watching Trump since the first rumours of his running for the Republican nomination. Watching him get crazier and crazier has become something of a hobby for a lot of people.
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    Its sad to hear that this wasn't put up on the media before the comments against Muslims (like myself ) started.
    I guess when it comes to Muslims , the media love to put it out there.
    But honestly its all about how the petition is promoted and honestly if I had known about the petition long before I would definitely have voted !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    Banning citizens of a singular neighbouring country from entering your own is bad but nowhere near as outlandishly ridiculous as banning all followers of a global religion. They aren't equivalent.
    Left wing logic:

Trump is racist- lets still keep him

Trump bans all Mexicans- he is still ok

Trump is sexist- he is still alright

Trump supports black people getting shot- it's fine

Trump is against animal rights- we should still accept him

Trump insults the disabled- we should still accept him

Trump is homophobic- he is still ok

Trump is transphobic- that's not a problem

Trump insults Asian ethnic minorities- not a problem still

Trump is racist to South Americans- he is ok

Trump insults Muslims- HE IS A **** WHO MUST BE BANNED AND RID OF THIS WORLD

Grow up!

ReputationRep:
    The left; Criticise any religion, but don't you dare criticise Islam!

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry but I can not simply take your word for it. I have good reason to believe the left get ticked off more when people insult Muslims over anyone else. All evidence points towards it, this petition is a good example why.
    Can you read my edit? There's a bit more information there. Explains the situation more fully. Only the particularly astute globally-aware commentariat were fully aware of Trump early, now he finally made it to our news so people are more aware. The Muslim thing is what brought him to our news because that is the most relevant thing to the UK. We don't generally know about Mexican Immigration but we do know about Muslim extremism which leads to terrorism because we've also had big issues with it. Therefore it makes a lot of sense to broadcast the Trump solution because we in the UK also have our own conflicting ideas which are thankfully not as stupid as his but this sort of thing does feed into the ideals of the margins of our society in Britain First members and Pegida supporters.

ReputationRep:
    Left wing logic:

Grow up!
    ok I agree that is definitely not fair at all ...
    But let me remind you how much hate is going on towards Muslims around the world right now, all because of stupid people whom label themselves Muslims and pick and choose to what they follow and interpret the Quran in the most violent way possible.

Why can't you grow up, be happy that this petition has finally been heard out and finally Trump is now put in his place !

ReputationRep:
    Left wing logic:

Trump is racist- lets still keep him

Trump bans all Mexicans- he is still ok

Trump is sexist- he is still alright

Trump is against animal rights- we should still accept him

Trump insults the disabled- we should still accept him

Trump is homophobic- he is still ok

Trump is transphobic- that's not a problem

Trump insults Asian ethnic minorities- not a problem still

Trump is racist to South Americans- he is ok

Trump insults Muslims- HE IS A **** WHO MUST BE BANNED AND RID OF THIS WORLD

Grow up!
    What are you on about? Nobody you are aiming this at ever said any of these things are ok or acceptable. The petition to ban Trump started as a satirical response to his idea to ban Muslims. Why is this so hard for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khadijaalimalik)
    ok I agree that is definitely not fair at all ...
    But let me remind you how much hate is going on towards Muslims around the world right now, all because of stupid people whom label themselves Muslims and pick and choose to what they follow and interpret the Quran in the most violent way possible.

Why can't you grow up, be happy that this petition has finally been heard out and finally Trump is now put in his place !
    I understand

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.