Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is your motivation to study, exercise or be successful in life?

ReputationRep:
    well i think if i do rlly rlly well i can get a rlly good job and then i can buy as much pizza as i want so yeah

ReputationRep:
    To get a job, and to earn a living

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie; my current motivation is to be good enough for that special someone...

I'm also terrified of failure; my work is an extension of myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    well i think if i do rlly rlly well i can get a rlly good job and then i can buy as much pizza as i want so yeah
    This has legitimately motivated me. Holy crap

ReputationRep:
    Terrified of failure.

Motivation: To be successful in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_x)
    Terrified of failure.

Motivation: To be successful in life.
    Define successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shady778)
    Define successful.
    Dictionary definition:

'accomplishing a desired aim or result'

'having achieved fame, wealth, or social status'

Mine would be the former of the two.

ReputationRep:
    Dictionary definition:

'accomplishing a desired aim or result'

'having achieved fame, wealth, or social status'

Mine would be the former of the two.
    Very nice. Still unsure personally as I don't want the burden of high financials but feel success nowadays only encompasses monetary gain. :c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shady778)
    Very nice. Still unsure personally as I don't want the burden of high financials but feel success nowadays only encompasses monetary gain. :c
    Completely a personal preference.
    Most people I know would value monetary gains very highly in terms of defining success but for me personally money is only important to a certain extent. My desire to accomplish my aims in life is more significant to me than financial gains.

ReputationRep:
    Completely a personal preference.
    Most people I know would value monetary gains very highly in terms of defining success but for me personally money is only important to a certain extent. My desire to accomplish my aims in life is more significant to me than financial gains.
    Fair game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)

tbh i gave rlly bad advice cause now i want a pizza and im going to buy one instead of studying soz ://

ReputationRep:
    I set rewards for myself. If I can work on this essay for an hour, I get to watch one episode of anime. That kind of stuff, extremely motivating.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2015
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.