Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Ah crap, the college I wanted to apply to for Geog (Worcester) has the most applicants to places (3.9) compared to 0.9 at Hilda's! Does anyone know what Brasenose is like for Geog? I quite liked it there too... help!
    your no less likely to get in if you apply to a popular college, the pooling system means that if your able enough you will get in anywhere. It just means you are less likely to get into your first choice college if you apply to a really popular one. DONT be put of by the statistics, just go with what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I think I'll stick with Worcester, if I'm good enough to get in, I'll be offered a place anyway won't I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimée123)
    Ok, I think I'll stick with Worcester, if I'm good enough to get in, I'll be offered a place anyway won't I.
    yep... the system is designed so that if ur good enough to be there u will get a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    yep... the system is designed so that if ur good enough to be there u will get a place.
    Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as people will need to decide on colleges, courses ect I thought it may be useful to some if I posted a few links where people could see the statistics for college or course.
    I don't want to put anyone off applying to x college to do y course because the "odds are against them" but it may give you a realistic idea of what to aim for. If you are set in your mind then I suggest you don't look as seeing statistics might put doubt into your mind!

Oxford:
    Oxford admissions statistics (you need adobe reader for this)

Cambridge
    Cambridge college statistics
    Cambridge subject statistics
    general cam statistics

Hope this helps!

Louise

interesting

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as people will need to decide on colleges, courses ect I thought it may be useful to some if I posted a few links where people could see the statistics for college or course.
    I don't want to put anyone off applying to x college to do y course because the "odds are against them" but it may give you a realistic idea of what to aim for. If you are set in your mind then I suggest you don't look as seeing statistics might put doubt into your mind!

Oxford:
    Oxford admissions statistics (you need adobe reader for this)

Cambridge
    Cambridge college statistics
    Cambridge subject statistics
    general cam statistics

Hope this helps!

Louise
    Those stats seem dodgy

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.