The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Aimée123
Ah crap, the college I wanted to apply to for Geog (Worcester) has the most applicants to places (3.9) compared to 0.9 at Hilda's! Does anyone know what Brasenose is like for Geog? I quite liked it there too... help!

your no less likely to get in if you apply to a popular college, the pooling system means that if your able enough you will get in anywhere. It just means you are less likely to get into your first choice college if you apply to a really popular one. DONT be put of by the statistics, just go with what you want to do. :smile:
Reply 41
Ok, I think I'll stick with Worcester, if I'm good enough to get in, I'll be offered a place anyway won't I.
Reply 42
Aimée123
Ok, I think I'll stick with Worcester, if I'm good enough to get in, I'll be offered a place anyway won't I.

yep... the system is designed so that if ur good enough to be there u will get a place.
Reply 43
Louise_1988
yep... the system is designed so that if ur good enough to be there u will get a place.

Fingers crossed :smile:
Louise_1988
Seeing as people will need to decide on colleges, courses ect I thought it may be useful to some if I posted a few links where people could see the statistics for college or course.
I don't want to put anyone off applying to x college to do y course because the "odds are against them" but it may give you a realistic idea of what to aim for. If you are set in your mind then I suggest you don't look as seeing statistics might put doubt into your mind! :smile:

Oxford:
Oxford admissions statistics (you need adobe reader for this)

Cambridge
Cambridge college statistics
Cambridge subject statistics
general cam statistics

Hope this helps!

Louise

interesting
Louise_1988
Seeing as people will need to decide on colleges, courses ect I thought it may be useful to some if I posted a few links where people could see the statistics for college or course.
I don't want to put anyone off applying to x college to do y course because the "odds are against them" but it may give you a realistic idea of what to aim for. If you are set in your mind then I suggest you don't look as seeing statistics might put doubt into your mind! :smile:

Oxford:
Oxford admissions statistics (you need adobe reader for this)

Cambridge
Cambridge college statistics
Cambridge subject statistics
general cam statistics

Hope this helps!

Louise

Those stats seem dodgy

Latest

Trending

Trending