Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a D without any revision in my exam last year, and this year im only getting Cs. I know this is all without revision but i really want to get an A* and at the moment even with revision i dont think thats possible. Any help to with how to revise & to boost my mark up?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest that you make flashcards for the definitions, maybe make them on an app on your phone. They will really help you get those easy marks and it is quick revision you can do on the go.

Make a revision sheet for each topic. On the page include key points about the topic (there is often a summary box in the text book for each topic which is good for this). Then split the information up into "For" and "Against" arguments for each topic, you could colour code it or split the page in half. This doesn't have to involve a lot of writing.

Next you should do a lot of questions, try doing more than is set and see if you can get someone to mark it for you. On your marked work ask for more feedback, if you missed two marks ask why exactly did you miss them. What other points could you have made? What important fact did you miss out? Try to find people that are getting high marks and look at their answers to see what you are missing and what they have done right that you haven't.

Look at the mark schemes, as they often provide the key bullet points that should be mentioned, which is good to make revision notes from. You should know how many points you need to make based on the weighting of the question (for example, 3 brief points or 2 points with explanation etc.), so decide if you need to know more points and also decide on which points you are confident with and learn to elaborate on them.

On Get Revising there is a lot of revision material already made if you are not good at condensing information yourself or you need help starting, so I would suggest that looking on there is one of the first things to do. Don't forget that you can use sites like TSR if you need help with a particular topic, you can also ask your peers and teachers as well.

As with most exams, the only way to improve is by doing lots of questions and by putting the hours in learning the material.

I hope this helps.

(Original post by S_dg11)
    I got a D without any revision in my exam last year, and this year im only getting Cs. I know this is all without revision but i really want to get an A* and at the moment even with revision i dont think thats possible. Any help to with how to revise & to boost my mark up?
    I got an A* in RE GCSE and I was predicted a C and I simply wrote all notes for each topic such as abortion, enuthanisa etc in the form of a spider diagram with religous quotes, definitions, different views and of course your own opinion. I then attempted as mnay past papers as possible and just kept revising over notes, revison guide and books given by teacher. Then lastly which is very important is that you must have a template/structure for each question and use it to answer each question good luck.

Write as fast as you can and as much as you can
    Timining is key for each question

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 19, 2015

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.