All religion needs to be banned. Watch

william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
Pot - kettle - black.
Thought I told you to never talk to me again.
United2810
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by realatheist)
Where did you get that made up statistic from?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

"In their Encyclopedia of Wars, authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod attempt a comprehensive listing of wars in history. They document 1763 wars overall, of which 123 (7%) have been identified and listed as primarily religiously motivated."

Yes I agree there are thousands of deaths caused by extremists, but I emphasize that it is extremists, not the entire religion which is to blame. You are a product of the media, somebody who believes everything they say. The statistic is not made up, it is perfectly well documented throughout history. You may say that the Qu'ran promotes violence, however there are many verses which contradict that, due to the Qu'ran being changed and manipulated by Qazis over time. Many religions, Buddhism and Sikhism mainly, prohibit the use of violence. To say that religion is the root cause of "billions" of deaths is quite frankly ignorant, considering you haven't done any research into it.

And the biggest question, who are you to condemn someone who hasn't taken part in violence or been part of terrorist attacks? There are extremists in every religion, but that doesn't make the religion bad. Judge the character, not the religion. To use an example based on your very own ideals, why shouldn't religious organisations bomb every single atheist? They've caused 93% of wars in history, so that must be logical, surely.

"Of these, religious wars account for less than 2% of all people killed in warfare."
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
How am I talking nonsense?

Please point out what I said that is wrong in my op.
You have proposed to ban religion -- I'm not sure exactly how this would play out but it would, at the very least, impinge on the freedom of citizens to express themselves without fear of punishment, in addition to criminalising certain thoughts. I don't think I can support anything that makes mere thought a punishable offence.

I'm no fan of religion either but using force to prevent people from practising it contradicts some of the principles upon which my dislike of religion is based in the first place.
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by william walker)
Thought I told you to never talk to me again.
Thought I told you to stop pretending that you actually have some authority over me.
soulnspirit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The ignorance is real with this one.
mikeoxlong000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Religion is responsible for the deaths of billions throughout human history and its time to put a stop to it.

These terrorist attacks are all a results of religion- the attackers are following their corresponding religions book to the core.

Its time for every decent society to put a stop to all religion and punish these morons that still believe in retarded sky daddies.
what about atheists in Stalin's Russia who killed 15 million of their own people?
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jagraj16)

"In their Encyclopedia of Wars, authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod attempt a comprehensive listing of wars in history. They document 1763 wars overall, of which 123 (7%) have been identified and listed as primarily religiously motivated."

Yes I agree there are thousands of deaths caused by extremists, but I emphasize that it is extremists, not the entire religion which is to blame. You are a product of the media, somebody who believes everything they say. The statistic is not made up, it is perfectly well documented throughout history. You may say that the Qu'ran promotes violence, however there are many verses which contradict that, due to the Qu'ran being changed and manipulated by Qazis over time. Many religions, Buddhism and Sikhism mainly, prohibit the use of violence. To say that religion is the root cause of "billions" of deaths is quite frankly ignorant, considering you haven't done any research into it.

And the biggest question, who are you to condemn someone who hasn't taken part in violence or been part of terrorist attacks? There are extremists in every religion, but that doesn't make the religion bad. Judge the character, not the religion. To use an example based on your very own ideals, why shouldn't religious organisations bomb every single atheist? They've caused 93% of wars in history, so that must be logical, surely.

"Of these, religious wars account for less than 2% of all people killed in warfare."
That's still 123 unnecessary wars. Even if that figure takes into account wars caused by political divisions associated with religious conflict (not liking this use of the word 'primarily').
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

lol listen to christain extremist and using their biased arguments. :rolleyes:
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
... retarded sky daddies.
:rofl:

I am so quoting you on this.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mikeoxlong000)
what about atheists in Stalin's Russia who killed 15 million of their own people?
Atheism wasn't the motivation for killing them though. Maintaining autocracy was.
Zargabaath
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Banning things we don't like is what religions do. Sinking to their level makes us as bad as them. All we need to do is to stop giving them privileges based off their faith and stop censoring criticism of religion in the media. Then decent science classes and common sense should be able to handle the rest.
United2810
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
That's still 123 unnecessary wars. Even if that figure takes into account wars caused by political divisions associated with religious conflict (not liking this use of the word 'primarily'.
But the wars caused by Political divisions and need to find weapons of mass destruction are justified? I get what you mean, but I just think that you can't blame every single religion for a few individuals with certain thoughts. One thought doesn't correspond with the thoughts of billions of other peoples.
StrawbAri
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
What's with this banning mentality?
You can't just ban everything you don't personally like.
Gears265
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope I live long enough to see religion fall and burn
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AlwaysWatching)
Enoch was right
Not really was a pleb. Globalisation and free movement of people is the way forward.

LET THEM ALL FLOOD IN.
United2810
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol listen to christain extremist and using their biased arguments. :rolleyes:
A) *Christian

B) I'm a Sikh.

C) They're not biased, the evidence is right in the front of you, if you refuse to acknowledge it, then we have nothing to debate on this issue. And if you really understand my arguments, you'd realise they're common sense.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But the wars caused by Political divisions and need to find weapons of mass destruction are justified? I get what you mean, but I just think that you can't blame every single religion for a few individuals with certain thoughts. One thought doesn't correspond with the thoughts of billions of other peoples.
Well we can't get rid 'political divisions'. I said 'unnecessary' not 'unjustified'.

It's not about blaming religion, its about transcending it.
Amankhanhussain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what rubbish. who nuked japan . was that religious people . who attacked iraq, afghanistan . created deadly mujahids taliban. to fight their proxy wars. when al-qauda and now ISIS backfired and then labelled them as threats for humanity .bro you mind has been programmed by these jerks . look around .and you will see who is responsible for all the deaths //
Amankhanhussain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
Could say the same for Government.
agree
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by StrawbAri)
What's with this banning mentality?
You can't just ban everything you don't personally like.
Lets just release murderers then. Why ban murder- we can just ban everything we don't like according to you. :rolleyes:

Just go do some coloring in child and stay away from threads that are too intelligent for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (368)
44.39%
No (87)
10.49%
I'm not old enough (374)
45.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed