Boys, what do u think is "attention seeking"? Watch

anitax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
for example on social media like fb or instagram? are selfies attention seeking? how about leg pics?
chocochip_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why can't girls answer this question?
anitax
Rep:
?
(Original post by noor.m)
Why can't girls answer this question?
girls too and u have a pretty name! x
BookBird
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Attention seeking is when you post nice pictures of yourself with captions like, "I'm so ugly" or "Gosh, why can't I be beautiful?!" even though it is very obvious you are anything but, and are simply fishing for compliments.
chocochip_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anitax)
girls too and u have a pretty name! x
It's not actually my name, more like a nickname, my name is actually Mahnoor but I hate it for obvious reasons your name is beautiful! and I don't really think a picture can be attention seeking, I think it depends more on the caption or comment they put underneath it
anitax
Rep:
?
(Original post by noor.m)
It's not actually my name, more like a nickname, my name is actually Mahnoor but I hate it for obvious reasons your name is beautiful! and I don't really think a picture can be attention seeking, I think it depends more on the caption or comment they put underneath it
thank u i like mahnoor too! yes i know some skinny girls who post full body pics titled "i look so fat"! is that what u mean BookBird haha?
BookBird
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thank u i like mahnoor too! yes i know some skinny girls who post full body pics titled "i look so fat"! is that what u mean BookBird haha?
Yes, it's annoying.
anitax
Rep:
?
(Original post by BookBird)
Yes, it's annoying.
what about just nice pictures? is that attention seeking do u think without the captions?
BookBird
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what about just nice pictures? is that attention seeking do u think without the captions?
Just nice pictures is fine. If you want to take selfies of yourself because you're confident in your appearance, or because you just like selfies, then please do!! I have no issue with that. Captions are also fine, they're only not fine when you're clearly using them to fish for compliments.
anitax
Rep:
?
Just nice pictures is fine. If you want to take selfies of yourself because you're confident in your appearance, or because you just like selfies, then please do!! I have no issue with that. Captions are also fine, they're only not fine when you're clearly using them to fish for compliments.
even selfies like taking pictures of ur legs in sexy stockings do u reckon?
BookBird
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
even selfies like taking pictures of ur legs in sexy stockings do u reckon?
If you think your legs are sexy then, by all means, take as many pictures as you want. Not attention seeking, just being confident.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Attention seeking is when you post nice pictures of yourself with captions like, "I'm so ugly" or "Gosh, why can't I be beautiful?!" even though it is very obvious you are anything but, and are simply fishing for compliments.
This, also a totally non-specific passive aggressive status like "some people should just keep their mouth shut". Inevitably people will reply with "hey, what's up" and then the inevitable "inbox me" from the original status poster.
ivybridge
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Seeking attention.
Mpagtches
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for example on social media like fb or instagram? are selfies attention seeking? how about leg pics?
Start posting 'em and we'll tell you when it gets to attention-seeking levels ... y'know, to find out how many it takes :sexface:
Mastermind`
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any girl with "Make Up Artist" on her Instagram bio.
BookBird
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
This, also a totally non-specific passive aggressive status like "some people should just keep their mouth shut". Inevitably people will reply with "hey, what's up" and then the inevitable "inbox me" from the original status poster.
Hahahaha, I'm crying because this is so true!!!! OROROROR, "why is life so hard" followed by "what's wrong?" and then "nothing/i don't want to talk about it", I hate that.
anitax
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mastermind`)
Any girl with "Make Up Artist" on her Instagram bio.
why?
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fishing for compliments is usually attention seeking.

I hate when people upload pix on FB and comment on them like "UGH look like trash today" - If you looked like trash, why would you upload it? or people that upload about 50 selfies where you haven't changed in each photo with "like for like" "comment for comment" - this isn't Myspace, nobody cares that you have 50 people/strangers like your photo.

Posting statuses like "omg so wasted" or "omg don't you hate it when friends stab you in the back" encouraging people to ask if you're okay where you casually respond, "I'm ok, nvm" - just take it to Jeremy Kyle and get it over with.
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
why?

because practicing on yourself with a foundation that's 5 shades away from your skin tone, clumpy mascara, colouring in your face with eyeliner, contouring badly and constant-excited eyebrows doesn't qualify you as a make-up artist.
anitax
Rep:
?
(Original post by Findlay6)
because practicing on yourself with a foundation that's 5 shades away from your skin tone, clumpy mascara, colouring in your face with eyeliner, contouring badly and constant-excited eyebrows doesn't qualify you as a make-up artist.
oh i thought he meant proper makeup artists. my twin is a mua and she promotes her business on instagram
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.64%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
8%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.73%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.27%
No unconditional offers (188)
68.36%

Watched Threads