'The Gym' pins Watch

Use Err Name
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone know if staff at The Gym tend to police the use of pins? They say that nobody is allowed to use your pin but yourself, but can you get away with letting somebody else use it?

I won't be using my membership for the next 6 months and I'm thinking that there's no way that they would know if my mum enters using my pin since there's no photo linked to my account? Just trying to save her the cost of membership for herself lol
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They check CCTV but if you're not both using it at the same time your risk of getting caught is lower. But you can freeze your membership and she can get her own, the extra cost is just her joining fee which she'd pay anyway once you want your membership back. Even if she wouldn't join herself, it's just £20 and you avoid the risk of getting banned.
Use Err Name
Rep:
?
(Original post by BKS)
They check CCTV but if you're not both using it at the same time your risk of getting caught is lower. But you can freeze your membership and she can get her own, the extra cost is just her joining fee which she'd pay anyway once you want your membership back. Even if she wouldn't join herself, it's just £20 and you avoid the risk of getting banned.
True. I mean she'd just be looking to use it for the 6 months that I don't use it. More taking advantage of my absence than actually wanting to use the gym beyond the 6 months once I'm using it again.

I know that I could freeze it but I don't mind paying the 15 quid if somebody else can use it whilst I'm not using it
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know quite a few people that use others , i think the extent it's enforced varies at each branch
Savage R3N3GAD3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone can use your gym PIN. Sometimes it's risky to allow others to use your PIN if your photo shows up on the screen and the staff spot you. But apart from that one situation, it's perfectly fine to use someone else's pin.
Use Err Name
Rep:
?
(Original post by Savage R3N3GAD3)
Anyone can use your gym PIN. Sometimes it's risky to allow others to use your PIN if your photo shows up on the screen and the staff spot you. But apart from that one situation, it's perfectly fine to use someone else's pin.
I don't remember ever uploading a photo to my account or anything, you reckon they take photographs from like the first time you enter a gym with your pin and use that?
Savage R3N3GAD3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Use Err Name)
I don't remember ever uploading a photo to my account or anything, you reckon they take photographs from like the first time you enter a gym with your pin and use that?
I very much doubt that. I'd say you can let anyone use your PIN and you won't have to worry at all, I'm almost certain that nothing will happen. There's very little risk.
Use Err Name
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies guys

I'll take the risk. If I get banned I'll just go for another gym, quite a few in my area
metico
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the replies guys

I'll take the risk. If I get banned I'll just go for another gym, quite a few in my area
Honestly, how can people get banned, do they supervise the doors frequently?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xptrt3)
Honestly, how can people get banned, do they supervise the doors frequently?
You've just bumped a 2 year old thread. Explain.
Shamzz4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thanks for the replies guys I'll take the risk. If I get banned I'll just go for another gym, quite a few in my area
Did you get caught?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (152)
53.52%
18-20 years old (no) (34)
11.97%
20-25 years old (yes) (45)
15.85%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.41%
25-30 years old (yes) (19)
6.69%
25-30 years old (no) (0)
0%
30-40 years old (yes) (15)
5.28%
30-40 years old (no) (3)
1.06%
40+ years old (yes) (6)
2.11%
40+ years old (no) (6)
2.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise