Biology, Psychology and Sociology students

Watch
xxKristenxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am thinking of taking these subjects. If you are taking/have taken them what is your opinion on the course, such as difficulty, and how well did you do/are you currently doing?
Thanks
fabbysarah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm currently in year 12 (so haven't done much of the course) but biology and psychology are both really fascinating! For biology, the actual information isn't very difficult, but the style of exam questions (for OCR anyway) is much different to GCSE so it takes some getting used to, but overall it's really great. Psychology is also interesting and I think it's generally been really simple; the style of the exam questions aren't difficult at all and as long as you learn the information, you'll do extremely well. No idea about sociology though, sorry
xxKristenxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by fabbysarah)
I'm currently in year 12 (so haven't done much of the course) but biology and psychology are both really fascinating! For biology, the actual information isn't very difficult, but the style of exam questions (for OCR anyway) is much different to GCSE so it takes some getting used to, but overall it's really great. Psychology is also interesting and I think it's generally been really simple; the style of the exam questions aren't difficult at all and as long as you learn the information, you'll do extremely well. No idea about sociology though, sorry
thanks so much
fabbysarah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No problem :-) just warning you that A Level biology has a lot more maths than GCSE, so it would be useful if you were fairly decent at it (not extremely difficult maths, things like percentages, standard deviation etc.)
Rorschach II
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Making post so I can find easily in the future.
Ribenas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am taking all of those A-Levels so I think I am qualified to answer your questions

Current grades
Biology - B - Hardest (one of the most difficult A-Levels to take)
Sociology - B - Easiest of the subjects I have taken
Psychology - A - Not the hardest but not the easiest either (bearing in mind I took it for GCSE, so I had a good foundation)
username1884577
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biology isn't too difficult, there is just a very large amount of information so having a very good memory helps. Also, if you do edexcel it may be the death of you, trying to actually understand what the f they want from you is the most challenging bit!

Psychology is great, I've had experience with both OCR and AQA, it's probably my hardest subject. Content totally depends on which exam board you do though.

Sociology I found incredibly dull and dropped after six months so can't really comment on that, although it didn't seem too hard.
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Psychology: doable.
Helfus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sociology: easy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.93%
Excited but a bit nervous (141)
44.9%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.78%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.38%

Watched Threads