chees006
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello, I was wondering if anyone on here would be able to answer some questions about the following scenario:

I am currently privately tutoring someone who is over 21 years of age and applying to university to do a foundation degree. This person isn't currently attending any college or school organisation, they are also unemployed at this time, they are just working hard at completing maths an sciences to AS standard on a rigorous timetable they manage themselves. They do, however, require an academic reference to go with their ucas application. They would like to know if I would be able to provide such a thing, but I'm not certain if it would be appropriate since I am not an organisation of tutoring, it is just something I do for extra money. I am currently working as a mathematics coach in a school but the tutoring I do in my spare time isn't connected to that. Also, if it is possible for me to provide the reference, what would I list my "organisation" as?

Many thanks,
Chees006
chees006
Rep:
?
I also wanted to add that it isn't possible for their previous school to provide a reference, it wouldn't be very valuable since nobody from his school will remember him since most teachers have left and at the time he didn't stand out particularly, no bad behaviours but nothing outstanding either.
Miss_mischy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's best to ask UCAS or email admission of the prospective universities.

I think that a academic reference should be a teacher or lecturer, which seems difficult here.
chees006
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miss_mischy)
I think it's best to ask UCAS or email admission of the prospective universities.

I think that a academic reference should be a teacher or lecturer, which seems difficult here.
Yes I believe he has already done so, just awaiting a response from the university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.77%
Labour (106)
40.61%
Liberal Democrats (53)
20.31%
Green Party (16)
6.13%
Brexit Party (7)
2.68%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.92%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)