Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to study International Economics at Loughborough University.
    I have confirmed this course as my first choice.
    Due to oversubscription, Loughborough have offered all applicants this year AAB for all Economic degrees.
    How flexible are Loughborough on grades? I am predicted ABB. I study Maths, Economics and History.

ReputationRep:
    So to get the story right you got an offer of AAB with predicted grade of ABB and have already firm choiced them?

ReputationRep:
    That's correct!

ReputationRep:
    https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subje...eturnTo/Search
    10% got in with UCAS points below 320 and this includes AS levels and other non A2 qualifications which count towards UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaG19B)
    I am hoping to study International Economics at Loughborough University.
    I have confirmed this course as my first choice.
    Due to oversubscription, Loughborough have offered all applicants this year AAB for all Economic degrees.
    How flexible are Loughborough on grades? I am predicted ABB. I study Maths, Economics and History.
    loughborough will take anyone. dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lad1997)
    loughborough will take anyone. dont worry
    where's your evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subje...eturnTo/Search
    10% got in with UCAS points below 320 and this includes AS levels and other non A2 qualifications which count towards UCAS points.
    Need to take into account that there is an over subscription.

OP since you have already applied then since you chose them as your firm then they may be lax if you get your predicted. I would still try and get that offer. Also depends on how many meet the new offer who have chosen as firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Need to take into account that there is an over subscription.

OP since you have already applied then since you chose them as your firm then they may be lax if you get your predicted. I would still try and get that offer. Also depends on how many meet the new offer who have chosen as firm.
    Yes. There is a lot to consider. For instance, lots may have applied to Loughborough who are aiming to get in at the top Unis for Economics ( eg Warwick and Exeter ) therefore Loughborough is there back up
    For me, Loughborough is my top choice! I'll try my best to get AAB but the harsh reality is I will probably get ABB. I have a strong personal statement though and work experiences including a placement at a Government Central Bank so fingers crossed ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    where's your evidence?
    hmmm....looks like i was wrong, particularly for economics

Unis similar to lboro, such as surrey, have a habit of predicting high (AAB) but then taking majority ABB students. this is done to make them look better than they actually are.

surrey does this for economics. AAA is the offer, but if you look at the average grade entry for the latest intake, on whichuni.com, you will see they take mostly ABB/AAB students.

i thought this would be the case for lboro, but it looks like i was wrong. Loughboroughs average intake for economics seems to be AAB, which is true to their offer of AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaG19B)
    That's correct!
    Hi. How long did it take to get a reply? I applied for Economics in October and still haven't heard anything. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Just work hard and get the AAB, definitely worth it when you're here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_jg)
    Hi. How long did it take to get a reply? I applied for Economics in October and still haven't heard anything. Thanks.
    Hiya ! I applied super early - before Oxbridge applicants were due to!
    So it took four weeks from when I sent off my application

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 26, 2015

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.