Today I received a £500 donation against my course fees - I don't know how to respond Watch

Flying Pig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys,

So I have been studying at a private college since October this year. The fees are rather extensive, however I have been working full weekends and some week-nights to pay for my tuition.

Today was the last day of term and on my way out, the receptionist called me over to her desk.

"Hi, just to let you know you don't need to pay your tuition fees next month" she said with a smile. (I pay monthly)
"Somebody had already paid your fees for the next month and a half!".

I was in complete shock and felt like I wanted to cry (but contained myself). I didn't know what to say, OR why somebody would do this FOR ME!!

What do I do? Do I message people and ask if it was them? I suspect it was a member of staff but how can I be sure?

(sorry for longing out the story - but what would you do in my situation?)
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ask the receptionist who it was, or do you have a particular teacher in mind that might have done it?
Bubblybabybling
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
^agree with the above, they would defo tell you who it was. That is just so sweet, nice to be reminded of the positives of humanity.
Flying Pig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Mayhem™)
Ask the receptionist who it was, or do you have a particular teacher in mind that might have done it?
(Original post by Bubblybabybling)
^agree with the above, they would defo tell you who it was. That is just so sweet, nice to be reminded of the positives of humanity.

I asked her and she said she didn't know - but I had a feeling she did.

It's weird because recently I have really been struggling to find some money to buy for others for Christmas and this has allowed me to do so! I always try and be nice to everybody, but never expected somebody to sacrifice this much for me. It really is a lot of money!!
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Very happy for you!
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reminds me of that FWD thing on you tube , wish i was tht lucky :l
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (16)
16.33%
Labour (40)
40.82%
Liberal Democrats (18)
18.37%
Green Party (5)
5.1%
Brexit Party (3)
3.06%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (2)
2.04%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)