Possible Politics course adjustment/changes? Watch

Cal-lum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have an offer for BA Politics and Sociology, however am worried that the single honours BA Politics course may suit me better. Do you think this could be easily changed if I decided to go to Exeter, or beforehand?
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cal-lum)
I have an offer for BA Politics and Sociology, however am worried that the single honours BA Politics course may suit me better. Do you think this could be easily changed if I decided to go to Exeter, or beforehand?
Email/call the department and ask if it's possible for you to have your offer for just Politics I changed my course after getting an offer (not Exeter though) and it was very easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cal-lum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Email/call the department and ask if it's possible for you to have your offer for just Politics I changed my course after getting an offer (not Exeter though) and it was very easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for such a speedy reply. My only worry with doing it now is that I got offered ABB, which is actually lower than the single hons Politics (AAA-AAB), so they would probably have to change the conditions of entry...Makes me think it might be better to just wait, and if I do go and dislike the sociology side of the course then I can speak to them there?
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cal-lum)
Thanks for such a speedy reply. My only worry with doing it now is that I got offered ABB, which is actually lower than the single hons Politics (AAA-AAB), so they would probably have to change the conditions of entry...Makes me think it might be better to just wait, and if I do go and dislike the sociology side of the course then I can speak to them there?
Ah I see! Yeah they'd have to change the conditions of your offer then. You could definitely give that a go I've just gone from a joint honours to single, and that's in second year!
Cal-lum
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
Ah I see! Yeah they'd have to change the conditions of your offer then. You could definitely give that a go I've just gone from a joint honours to single, and that's in second year!
Yeah it would be a bit scary if they had to change the conditions of my offer up, I quite like the lower offer of ABB!! I think I'll leave it for now, good to hear that you have been there too! Thanks so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (51)
21.43%
Unconditional if firmed (18)
7.56%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.84%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.1%
No unconditional offers (162)
68.07%

Watched Threads