Crushingreality
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello!
I've applied to do mental health nursing at UWE, Hertfordshire, De Montfort, Oxford Brooks and Sheffield Hallam.

I've got two interviews so far;
Hertfordshire- this week
UWE- February

I'm still waiting to hear back from DMU AND OB and I got declined by SHU.

DOES ANYONE?! Have any advice on the interview process generally and/or for these university's. ESPECIALLY the English and maths tests? Those two I'm really worrying about...
I've done some practice papers I found online but I'm only getting about 50%..

Any help anyone? I really need it!
jesslouisexo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Crushingreality)
Hello!
I've applied to do mental health nursing at UWE, Hertfordshire, De Montfort, Oxford Brooks and Sheffield Hallam.

I've got two interviews so far;
Hertfordshire- this week
UWE- February

I'm still waiting to hear back from DMU AND OB and I got declined by SHU.

DOES ANYONE?! Have any advice on the interview process generally and/or for these university's. ESPECIALLY the English and maths tests? Those two I'm really worrying about...
I've done some practice papers I found online but I'm only getting about 50%..

Any help anyone? I really need it!
Good luck with your interviews! I had my interview for Herts in November. The maths and English tests were not as bad as they sound - English was very simple and straight forward! Maths just revise basic maths and make sure to look over converting measurements and things like that! Just try not too worth about them☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crushingreality
Rep:
?
(Original post by jesslouisexo)
Good luck with your interviews! I had my interview for Herts in November. The maths and English tests were not as bad as they sound - English was very simple and straight forward! Maths just revise basic maths and make sure to look over converting measurements and things like that! Just try not too worth about them☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, just your reply has eased my nerves a bit. Have you had an offer from them yet? Also, what type of nursing are you doing?
jesslouisexo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you so much, just your reply has eased my nerves a bit. Have you had an offer from them yet? Also, what type of nursing are you doing?
Yeah I got an unconditional offer from them!☺️ I'm doing adult nursing but I'm pretty sure the entry tests will be very similar! Honestly they are really nice there and will make you feel really comfortable! Just be yourself and you'll have no problem at all!☺️ my cousin has just had an interview for mental health nursing on Wednesday and by Friday she received an unconditional offer .. She said that the interview was fine☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crushingreality
Rep:
?
(Original post by jesslouisexo)
Yeah I got an unconditional offer from them!☺️ I'm doing adult nursing but I'm pretty sure the entry tests will be very similar! Honestly they are really nice there and will make you feel really comfortable! Just be yourself and you'll have no problem at all!☺️ my cousin has just had an interview for mental health nursing on Wednesday and by Friday she received an unconditional offer .. She said that the interview was fine☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are both your offers unconditional because you already have the required qualifications and grades?
jesslouisexo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are both your offers unconditional because you already have the required qualifications and grades?
Sorry just realised what I put my cousin has a conditional offer as she is still at college and awaiting her grades, yes mine is unconditional because I already have my grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shadowsfear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
dose anyone else have a interview at Salford uni for the 16th ?
I've one then for Mental Health
Swagio
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know someone at OB nursing now and didn't get a reply until feb, which seems kind of late to me, but If they take a long time to reply I wouldn't worry too much.
English it easy and maths has been a mix.. Some exams used measurements and stuff and were simple if you knew them, but others I have done had no measurements in but used a lot of maths skills, fractions, ratio, finding percentage and then putting it as the smallest flippin fraction!
Although I've only done one like that, it shows its always good to make sure you cover it all. Bbc bitesize maths is actually really good for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crushingreality
Rep:
?
(Original post by Swagio;[url="tel:61335713")
61335713[/url]]I know someone at OB nursing now and didn't get a reply until feb, which seems kind of late to me, but If they take a long time to reply I wouldn't worry too much.
English it easy and maths has been a mix.. Some exams used measurements and stuff and were simple if you knew them, but others I have done had no measurements in but used a lot of maths skills, fractions, ratio, finding percentage and then putting it as the smallest flippin fraction!
Although I've only done one like that, it shows its always good to make sure you cover it all. Bbc bitesize maths is actually really good for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so so much, that has really helped and made me feel a lot better! 😄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (34)
18.38%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.57%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.08%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (3)
1.62%
No unconditional offers (132)
71.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed