What would you deem the hardest A-Level? Watch

AlphaArgonian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Me? I'd say any artistic subject like photography or graphics due to workload.
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
According to many people it's Chemistry, however I disagree with my former statement.
username2207531
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AlphaArgonian)
There's an official list of most difficult A-levels and I know that the top two are Further Maths and Chemistry, but I would find taking drama or something similar SO much more challenging. Not that anyone could ever make me take drama xD

I'm taking Art outside of lesson time though and I just got one off full marks on a controlled assessment. It's a lot of work but if you do a bit every week it's easy peasy.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
art is hard when you don't have an idea for a project but once the inspiration hits there is no better feeling
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Physics
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Name:  calmmaths.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  40.7 KB
aamirac
Report 3 years ago
I'd say I find Geography harder because of the exam structure (AQA).
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would assume it's, like what OP said, an artistic subject. Subjects such as Maths is more about remembering formulas etc which anyone can do with practice. However, artistics subjects is more about talent, which not everyone can master.
DetectivePeralta
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would struggle with the art/creative subjects, but I find further myth is not that hard. It depends on whether you are an arts or science/maths person.
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For me it'd be chemistry, physics, maths or further maths. I'm not gifted with them kind of things.
AlphaArgonian
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustJusty)
There's an official list of most difficult A-levels and I know that the top two are Further Maths and Chemistry, but I would find taking drama or something similar SO much more challenging. Not that anyone could ever make me take drama xD

I'm taking Art outside of lesson time though and I just got one off full marks on a controlled assessment. It's a lot of work but if you do a bit every week it's easy peasy.
Fair enough, I do further maths and chemistry and I can assure you they are overrated.
AlphaArgonian
Rep:
?
(Original post by serah.exe)
I would assume it's, like what OP said, an artistic subject. Subjects such as Maths is more about remembering formulas etc which anyone can do with practice. However, artistics subjects is more about talent, which not everyone can master.
You see, just remembering formulae doesn't get you far in A-level maths and further maths, you have to have a deep understanding of what happens, for instance, when you differentiate an algebraic expression.
By just remembering formulae you put yourself at risk of losing marks to questions that are obscure.
IMO, maths is neither easy nor hard at A-level
AlphaArgonian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goaded)
For me it'd be chemistry, physics, maths or further maths. I'm not gifted with them kind of things.
Yeah you see they are my subjects (although I did biology not physics) so I suppose it is based on individuals
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Languages :'(
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You see, just remembering formulae doesn't get you far in A-level maths and further maths, you have to have a deep understanding of what happens, for instance, when you differentiate an algebraic expression.
By just remembering formulae you put yourself at risk of losing marks to questions that are obscure.
IMO, maths is neither easy nor hard at A-level
Yes that's true, I understand since I am a Maths A-Level student . I just feel that artistic subjects would be harder .
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah you see they are my subjects (although I did biology not physics) so I suppose it is based on individuals
I'm quite good at Biology. The only reason I didn't study it, is because it clashed with Politics. but all other sciences are really not my thing.
AlphaArgonian
Rep:
?
(Original post by serah.exe)
Yes that's true, I understand since I am a Maths A-Level student . I just feel that artistic subjects would be harder .
Same, 10/10 subject
txmidayoxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
definitely chemistry, it's the largest step up from GCSE(in terms of difficulty) and it's been a challenging subject from day 1
AlphaArgonian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Inexorably)
Languages :'(
Really?
ubisoft
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Physics/FM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
  • Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (47)
21.76%
Labour (105)
48.61%
Liberal Democrats (24)
11.11%
Green Party (16)
7.41%
Brexit Party (2)
0.93%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.39%
SNP (5)
2.31%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (3)
1.39%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)