lmao wut
:rofl:
Trevormacdonald
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AlphaArgonian)
Me? I'd say any artistic subject like photography or graphics due to workload.
You know this tsr right, Stem master race rules here. Troll confirmed.
DylanJ42
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Probably geography or something. Just because of the sheer amount of essays and homework they get, everyday I'd be tempted to drop it.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by serah.exe)
lmao wut
:rofl:
this is from Anonynmous' roadman dialect :yep:
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
this is from Anonynmous' roadman dialect :yep:
I thought it seemed familiar cuz
drriversong
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
English Lit without a doubt. I got 99% at GCSE and now I hate it
anonwinner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Probably Business Studies... I got a U in my mock fml
Curryman98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
English lit
The sheer amount of essays and coursework involved
Not them subjects where you can practise and perfect it but rather relies on the ability to comprehend different texts and almost associate yourself on the writers life. The fact that im doing a 3 dimensional coursework for Eng Lit is what most unis offer if you do study it. It's ****ing crazy and I regret picking it.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by serah.exe)
I thought it seemed familiar cuz
all bout dat life :gangster:
Nabz Ali
Badges: 1
Report 3 years ago
Although typically it would be something like Further Maths and Chemistry, there are other new A levels which teachers haven't had many years of experience teaching, like the new OCR Computer Science. In that sense, I would say it is one of the hardest and most underrated A levels but I don't know about Chemistry since I don't do it. But I do Further Maths and Computer Science and I would definitely say that Further Maths is easier for me. Although then I am only doing AS at the moment.. A2 Further Maths is apparently a myth. I also hear people say that Physics is the second hardest A level after Further Maths.
serebro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why?
According to the 'official' list of hardest A Levels, languages tend to be in the top 3 hardest subject, especially French. Note this hardest in terms of academic attainment, rather than in content.

However, this list ignores the elephant in the room: heritage/native speakers. Because we use the UMS system, we are competing against every other candidate, as their performance determines the grade boundaries. In theory, the UMS makes it fairer in other subjects since it balances out the difficulty of different papers.

For languages however, it's common for native or heritage speakers to take the A Level as an extra qualification, the proportion growing as less UK students take languages. These people have the advantage, they don't need to study much, just the exam technique and topics of study. For them, one part of an A2 exam is just like reading a news article and answering obvious questions about it. For non-native speakers, this article tends to be very 'anti-English', i.e it has been chosen because it is the hardest for an English person to understand. So while the native [language] speakers would get virtually full marks for this, some non-native speakers might get a few marks lower, which could be A/A* worthy, but due to the UMS system their actual grade is lowered. A few attempts have been made to challenge native speakers, but that's just resulted in almost cryptic exam marking for both native and non-speakers. Earlier this year, Ofqual demanded that marking criteria/boundaries for languages should be changed (made more lenient), they prioritised this need for change above all subjects.

To put it into context, imagine you've spent two years working hard trying to get an A in Physics, you need to be in the top 20% or so. Now imagine that 15% of the people taking this exam have a degree in physics and have also had practice in how to answer the paper. No matter how well you try in the paper, the chances of you hitting you getting an A have become slim, a B being more likely, while an A* is nearly off-limits.

This messed up system just amplifies the vicious cycle of people taking languages, failing and never studying them again.
h.dan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In my personal opinion, the following combination would be pretty difficult:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose.
morgan8002
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JustJusty)
There's an official list of most difficult A-levels and I know that the top two are Further Maths and Chemistry, but I would find taking drama or something similar SO much more challenging. Not that anyone could ever make me take drama xD
AFM is harder than FM.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Physics from my experience, though I didn't take the commonly suggested Chemistry (but did take Further Maths). I can imagine Music being monstrous (and from what I've heard from friends who took it, it pretty much is) and I personally would do miserably in anything like Art, D.T., Drama, but I imagine they are not that bad for those with the talent/feel for it (although I assume it is harder to get A*s due to subjective marking). I don't like to entertain the theory that everyone is either sciency or artsy/"writey" (I took English Lit for instance, along with History at AS and Music GCSE) but nevertheless different subjects probably suit different people.
proveniences
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do A level photography, i found it really easy :P
username2207531
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fair enough, I do further maths and chemistry and I can assure you they are overrated.
I know. I'm doing Chemistry and normal Maths (as well as Physics and Biology) and as great as they are, they are not nearly as hard as they should be. A few of my friends are doing FM and they say it's easier than normal Maths.

It's just what the list says. I know that I would struggle horribly if I was forced to do English or any essay-writing subject (tbh I'd probably drop out if they made me do English), but the Sciences are easy so far.
Will2610
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
Physics
No.
AlphaArgonian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by JustJusty)
I know. I'm doing Chemistry and normal Maths (as well as Physics and Biology) and as great as they are, they are not nearly as hard as they should be. A few of my friends are doing FM and they say it's easier than normal Maths.

It's just what the list says. I know that I would struggle horribly if I was forced to do English or any essay-writing subject (tbh I'd probably drop out if they made me do English), but the Sciences are easy so far.
Exactly! I'd say exam skills are my only flaw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Do you work while at uni?