The Student Room Group

What would you deem the hardest A-Level?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jooooshy
biology because it is sooooo booooring at A2

I agree. biology A2 paper 2 is the most boring thing I've ever had to study.
Ecology and plant biology is disgusting
easy, physics
Original post by Goaded
For me it'd be chemistry, physics, maths or further maths. I'm not gifted with them kind of things.:colondollar:

Same here; I think the 'hardest' A Levels are different for every person.
Further Maths or Chemistry. Nearly everyone that took Chemistry in my year said it was the toughest (most of them took Physics and Maths too)
depends what you are good at
English lit a level would kill my soul if I took that

Art is just time consuming, put the time into it and you'll do well

Further maths is difficult but as soon as you understand the concepts its good (also depends what units you do, as D1 is easy peasy)
Original post by deep_sea
depends what you are good at
English lit a level would kill my soul if I took that

Art is just time consuming, put the time into it and you'll do well

Further maths is difficult but as soon as you understand the concepts its good (also depends what units you do, as D1 is easy peasy)

Eng Lit was probably spawned by the devil
Chemistry the course isn't hard but in the exam they ask these stupid random ass questions. Further maths will hurt your head so it's.the hardest course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
depends if your crap at drawing, i think an art A level will kill you.
I mean I only done art GCSE and some people in my class worked so hard but if you haven't got the creativeness and decent drawing skills then you'll do pretty bad no matter what.

If i dont count things that need some natural talent to do really well in (I mean A or A*)
then chemistry or further maths A2 (from what i can see even though im in AS)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlphaArgonian
Me? I'd say any artistic subject like photography or graphics due to workload.

Hahahahahaahaha nice joke

Chemistry is absolutely the hardest A level, especially the A2.
Further Additional Maths obviously. No other subjects even have a 'further', let alone an additional further.
Original post by richpanda
Further Additional Maths obviously. No other subjects even have a 'further', let alone an additional further.

This is the only contender for Chemsitry tbh

Humanities need not apply
Original post by wildleaves
Chemistry the course isn't hard but in the exam they ask these stupid random ass questions. Further maths will hurt your head so it's.the hardest course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Um what? Further maths is the most overated A-Level course out there.
Original post by mechanicsonejune
Hahahahahaahaha nice joke

Chemistry is absolutely the hardest A level, especially the A2.

Why? My AS isn't that bad so far (OCR B)
Original post by AlphaArgonian
Why? My AS isn't that bad so far (OCR B)

The salters course gets really tough at A2. The coursework is so so so much harder than any other AS.
Salters chemistry or maths
Applied Business Studies is rather hard, and BTEC Agricultural Studies.
I'd say Biology, as there's just so much information you have to remember. With Chemistry and Physics you can work your way through it using the parts you remember, but Biology has no lenience.
Biology coursework ocr-all just suggest questions and harsh marking high grade boundaries and no help from my school
Original post by BlackSweetness
i would say Further maths, with physics, and chemistry being joint second. the rest are easy as piss.

LMAO. You say that but don't you do btec?
Original post by Kholmes1
LMAO. You say that but don't you do btec?

Mate stalking my posts isnt cool! Ive seen a level work, the only thing i find generally challenging are those i stated! Its an opinion, dont cry

Quick Reply

Latest