The Student Room Group

Should women be allowed to be topless in public?

Men are often topless on beaches and parks in the summer, but women aren't and if they are it is very controversial.

(By topless I mean fully uncovered from the waist up, so no bra or anything).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Trapz99
Men are often topless on beaches and parks in the summer, but women aren't and if they are it is very controversial.

No - there's a difference between the upper torso of a male and a female.
yes, yes they should.

to deny the ladies this freedom is vile and unjust in the 21st century :mob:
Reply 4
Some girls want to keep their dignity you know.
Well I wouldn't complain if they did :moon:
Bikinis hold your boobs in place, why on earth would you want to go to a beach without them?

Remember your dignity child, your dignity :colonhash:
Reply 7
Original post by the bear
yes, yes they should.

to deny the ladies this freedom is vile and unjust in the 21st century :mob:

Boobs are not attractive at all.....

Spoiler

Reply 8
The same reason why men are often topless in public parks and beaches. Because it's hot outside.
Original post by Trapz99

I get to look at boobs?

Sign me up!
Original post by aamirac

It wouldn't be forced....

:rolleyes:
Reply 11
Original post by ivybridge
No - there's a difference between the upper torso of a male and a female.

Yeah, women have boobs, but why does that make a difference. Boobs aren't a sex organ like the penis or vagina.
Original post by Trapz99
Yeah, women have boobs, but why does that make a difference. Boobs aren't a sex organ like the penis or vagina.

They are a sexualised, private, area of a woman's body, like the sex organs of a male and a female and the backside.

Edit: I doubt very many women would take advantage of that freedom anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Bikinis hold your boobs in place, why on earth would you want to go to a beach without them?

Remember your dignity child, your dignity :colonhash:

So do men that go shirtless at the beach not have any dignity.
yes - it doesn't violate the harm principle. offence doesn't constitute harm. culture is subjective, law is objective, so you shouldn't force our culture to be one way or another against the natural progression of free society. if you don't like it, shield your ****ing eyes, or get thicker skin. you shouldn't remedy non-violent "issues" (toplessness) through violent means (lawful force) in an ideal civilised society.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
So do men that go shirtless at the beach not have any dignity.

You tell me - do they have mammary glands that get in their way?
Original post by aamirac

ugh shut up how is showing boob mean you have no dignity.

You mad because you don't have any. :rolleyes:
Original post by sleepysnooze
yes - it doesn't violate the harm principle. offence doesn't constitute harm. culture is subjective, law is objective, so you shouldn't force our culture to be one way or another against the natural progression of free society. if you don't like it, shield your ****ing eyes, or get thicker skin.

I can tell you one mof those annoying dumbasses who thinks they the sametest person in the universe when in actual fact they are a huge dumbass.
Reply 19
Original post by ivybridge
They are a sexualised, private, area of a woman's body, like the sex organs of a male and a female and the backside.

Edit: I doubt very many women would take advantage of that freedom anyway.

Actually there are many topless protests that aim to legalise this, so many women would take advantage. Weird how your avatar is of two topless people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending