The Student Room Group

I gave her my number. Did I do the right thing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
Yeah ok..good point. That's a very good point actually. If I just asked her for her number, I would message her or call her, try to get to know her, etc. Maybe that's no the right way. Instead, asking her to go out could be better. If she says yes, great, I will take it from there.
If she says no, then what?

Like I said if she says no you know where you stand.
If I just asked her for her number, I would message her or call her, try to get to know her, etc.

Why get to know someone through phone messages when you can do that much more easily and effectively through face-to-face?
Someone said to me, make the girl enjoy your company first, once you have accomplished that, then ask her for her number/ask her out..then there's more chance of you getting it. Only ask for the number when you "know" you got her so to speak...
Original post by frozen_fire
Why get to know someone through phone messages when you can do that much more easily and effectively through face-to-face?

That's very true.
Someone said to me, make the girl enjoy your company first, once you have accomplished that, then ask her for her number/ask her out..then there's more chance of you getting it. Only ask for the number when you "know" you got her so to speak...

I read once that girls take just 3 minutes to decide whether they would consider dating a guy upon meeting them for the first time. I also read that you spent 40 minutes chatting to this girl.

So on that basis I disagree with what that person once said to you. First impressions last and she has already mentally decided whether she sees you as a dating opportunity.
You going to obsess on this one too? I for one am sure you will.
I read once that girls take just 3 minutes to decide whether they would consider dating a guy upon meeting them for the first time. I also read that you spent 40 minutes chatting to this girl.

So on that basis I disagree with what that person once said to you. First impressions last and she has already mentally decided whether she sees you as a dating opportunity.

Wow 3 minutes that's crazy. You can't really understand or get to know a person in that space of time. The only thing you can understand is if you're attracted to the person I guess. Like for example, the moment I saw the first girl, I liked her straight away. As for the second one, I just thought she's cute.
Original post by Vaginal_Rights
You going to obsess on this one too? I for one am sure you will.

No.
No.

Whats happening did you ask the second girl out?
although i'm a girl i prefer to give someone my number if i like them because if they don't message you then i means no wasted time because they probably don't like you back. and it's an easier let down than you texting everyday and putting in effort and not getting a reply

I obviously can't speak for other females; but this is so true for me at least. It doesn't take me that long to decide whether I want to date someone.
Wow 3 minutes that's crazy. You can't really understand or get to know a person in that space of time. The only thing you can understand is if you're attracted to the person I guess. Like for example, the moment I saw the first girl, I liked her straight away. As for the second one, I just thought she's cute.

It's instinct. Within 3 minutes you can gage someone's attractiveness, their maturity, confidence, intelligence, whether they are introverted or extroverted etc. When I think back to girls I've been into, that initial impression was enough to draw me in. Getting to know a girl in more depth and finding out her interests can always be done on the first date.
Original post by chikane
Whats happening did you ask the second girl out?

not yet haha, start work in a few hours.
It's instinct. Within 3 minutes you can gage someone's attractiveness, their maturity, confidence, intelligence, whether they are introverted or extroverted etc. When I think back to girls I've been into, that initial impression was enough to draw me in. Getting to know a girl in more depth and finding out her interests can always be done on the first date.

Ah that is true. Ok then, I shall keep that in mind from now on.
Original post by lillyroselove
although i'm a girl i prefer to give someone my number if i like them because if they don't message you then i means no wasted time because they probably don't like you back. and it's an easier let down than you texting everyday and putting in effort and not getting a reply

True.

Original post by Tiger Rag
I obviously can't speak for other females; but this is so true for me at least. It doesn't take me that long to decide whether I want to date someone.

Fair enough. That is true.
This guy and his approval seeking behaviour.
Original post by Vaginal_Rights
This guy and his approval seeking behaviour.

What now?
What now?

Did you speak to them!??
Update.

The 1st girl I did not see today. I don't think she was working today. As for the 2nd girl, as soon as I got in, she was there. She looked at me smiled and said hey.

Later, when I started work, she came over to my section and started talking to me. Briefly then I got called away to help with something else.

Then throughout the day, whenever I looked in her direction, I saw her looking at me and smiling, not just once, but plenty of times.

I thought to myself ok just go for it. So I went and ask her for her number. She said noo, she started to laugh and she walked away.

Well..that was unexpected and I was pretty disappointed but oh well. I don't understand. Unless there is something wrong with me understanding signs, but I felt she interested.

Anyway it's done now. I don't care now to be honest. But I want to know did I do something wrong or should I just take it that she was simply not interested, and that her constant looking at me, smiling, talking to me was nothing as what I perceived it to be?

I need a break to reevaluate my approach and game before talking to another girl.

Any advice in general would be great.
Update.

The 1st girl I did not see today. I don't think she was working today. As for the 2nd girl, as soon as I got in, she was there. She looked at me smiled and said hey.

Later, when I started work, she came over to my section and started talking to me. Briefly then I got called away to help with something else.

Then throughout the day, whenever I looked in her direction, I saw her looking at me and smiling, not just once, but plenty of times.

I thought to myself ok just go for it. So I went and ask her for her number. She said noo, she started to laugh and she walked away.

Well..that was unexpected and I was pretty disappointed but oh well. I don't understand. Unless there is something wrong with me understanding signs, but I felt she interested.

Anyway it's done now. I don't care now to be honest. But I want to know did I do something wrong or should I just take it that she was simply not interested, and that her constant looking at me, smiling, talking to me was nothing as what I perceived it to be?

I need a break to reevaluate my approach and game before talking to another girl.

Any advice in general would be great.

Omg why not just ask her out for a coffee then ask for her number? Or ask if she has fb.
She probably said no to you having her number as she thinks you might constantly text or call her so dont blame her saying no
Facebook was safer thing to ask for.

Quick Reply

Latest