alidawwwgggg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello, is anybody applying for Msc inequalities and social science or already doing it? i'm struggling with my personal statement and any help would be great . Would love to hear from anyone currently doing it!

Thanks
username2314815
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey ya. I'm on this programme this year so I could tell you a little bit about it. Do you have more specific questions?
alidawwwgggg
Rep:
?
(Original post by LauWdo)
Hey ya. I'm on this programme this year so I could tell you a little bit about it. Do you have more specific questions?
Wow brilliant!!! How are you finding it? What is the structure of the course like? What sort of work/studying back ground do you come from?
username2314815
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alidawwwgggg)
Wow brilliant!!! How are you finding it? What is the structure of the course like? What sort of work/studying back ground do you come from?
The programme has been very interesting and enriching so far. There is a core course with a different professor on a related topic every week. It gives you a solid basis to think about inequalities in an intersectional way. Then you get to chose 2 other option courses per term. This is the most diverse programme ever: you can take courses in basically every department in LSE according to your interests!Also, everybody is from a different background, so the discussions are great. I personally graduated with a Philosophy degree (in France), and have experience in media production and communications (including in the NGO sector) But we have people with political science, economics, finance, media, languages, sociology, social work backgrounds. Everybody has such a different approach!You can get an idea on there, where some of the 17 students on the course have described their backgrounds: http://www.lse.ac.uk/InternationalIn...eople/msc.aspxI'd be happy to answer any of your other questions!
alidawwwgggg
Rep:
?
(Original post by LauWdo)
The programme has been very interesting and enriching so far. There is a core course with a different professor on a related topic every week. It gives you a solid basis to think about inequalities in an intersectional way. Then you get to chose 2 other option courses per term. This is the most diverse programme ever: you can take courses in basically every department in LSE according to your interests!Also, everybody is from a different background, so the discussions are great. I personally graduated with a Philosophy degree (in France), and have experience in media production and communications (including in the NGO sector) But we have people with political science, economics, finance, media, languages, sociology, social work backgrounds. Everybody has such a different approach!You can get an idea on there, where some of the 17 students on the course have described their backgrounds: http://www.lse.ac.uk/InternationalIn...eople/msc.aspxI'd be happy to answer any of your other questions!
Thank you for your reply, it sounds amazing!!! Do you know where you can go after the course? Like what sort of jobs you can apply for? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (51)
21.43%
Unconditional if firmed (18)
7.56%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.84%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.1%
No unconditional offers (162)
68.07%

Watched Threads